iPod Touch Sound Quality is quite bad.
Jan 8, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #136 of 184
I had heard/read that the 5g video had superior SQ to the other Apple products. Consequently, I listened to nothing but it with my Xin Supermirco IV and Shure e5s. I thought the SQ was fantastic. Recently I plugged everything into my Touch and I thought that the SQ better than the Video. It was clear, crisp and not fatiguing in the least. By comparison, the Video is muddy. I've heard no distortion and I've had no problems with crashing.

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #137 of 184
yy2f98n7.jpg

I have the Westone UM2 and this is my problem:

faogd93b.jpg

Any solution?

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #140 of 184
I get hotlinking errors when trying to access the files. Perhaps host them on flickr. I imagine you RMAA the touch with the um2 and are worried about the output from the touch? if so, that is pretty natural and very few players actually can properly output to balanced armature earphones without massive distortion and other problems incrementing. You need an amp to hear them the way they were meant to be heard... but you need an amp which can playback balanced armatures.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #148 of 184
Any sound quality comparison between an Ipod Touch 3G and a Cowon D2/S9?

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #149 of 184
I came from the D2 to the touch and have pretty extensive experience with the S9. It is up to you as to which is better. Cowon have almost-realistic EQ and a host of other effects. But neither the D2 nor the S9 are able to drive low impedance earphones very well; they crash in comparison to their unloaded signal. The touch isn't perfect, but does a much better job of sustaining a quality signal. I would not call either company 'audiophile' grade, but imo, the touch is a much better match for earphones.

Cowons are quite good for high impedance headphones or if you really like to tweak your sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back