Ipod touch or Sansa clip? (quality wise)
Nov 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #16 of 27
Thank you all for the help. I'll stick with the ipod for music then. Maybe once I dip in to some spare money I'll get a zune HD.

Just an FYI: I've owned every Zune except the 16gb flash based model. Coming from any of these other players you WILL be dissatisfied with it's performance. Especially after owning an iPod touch & playing with any of the EQ apps. Please, pass on it,...:)

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:
Just an FYI: I've owned every Zune except the 16gb flash based model. Coming from any of these other players you WILL be dissatisfied with it's performance. Especially after owning an iPod touch & playing with any of the EQ apps. Please, pass on it,...
smily_headphones1.gif

True dat. The sound of the Zune HD is nice and clean but volume level asides, it felt weak. I used to use mine with an amp just for the bass boost.

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #20 of 27
I only have an ithouch 2g on me and it won't run any equalizer apps because it requires a newer version of the iOS which apple won't let me download because they want people to spend more on apple products.
So, I alter the initial question a bit to Sansa clip vs RoCoo p.

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:
I only have an ithouch 2g on me and it won't run any equalizer apps because it requires a newer version of the iOS which apple won't let me download because they want people to spend more on apple products.
So, I alter the initial question a bit to Sansa clip vs RoCoo p.

They won't let you download newer iOS on your Touch 2g because the hardware can't handle the newer iOS.
Clip vs. RoCoo? no idea.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:
I'm late to the party, got my Clip+ as a present from my amazing wife today...
filled it and the card up. 

Seriously, this little black £20 player sounds infinitely better than any iPod I've owned*, I'm so impressed with it!
Rockboxed within 5 mins of unpacking it :D
Officially, love it, couldn't get it to distort on my kit and sound absolutely amazing with everything I've chucked on it (mp3's or varying quality, flacs and alacs) 

(1) 3rd gen, (2) 1st gen mini, (3) 1st gen nano, (4) 5th gen video, (5) 3rd gen nano, touch, (6) classic 80gb so I think I've earned the right to voice my opinion on iPod quality :D 

(quality wise - 1,6,5,3,4,2)

still got the 3rd gen, minus hdd, 3rd gen nano (which has been round the world playing music on catwalks!), 80gb (minus screen and audio internal cable). 

My impression was that the Clip+ didn't really sound any different than an iPod. Of course, you can put Rockbox on a Clip+; but then you can download BBE sound for a Touch.

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

My impression was that the Clip+ didn't really sound any different than an iPod. Of course, you can put Rockbox on a Clip+; but then you can download BBE sound for a Touch.

I think it sounds better than the older iPods, but the new ones are really good.....as is the Clip+/Clip Zip.

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #24 of 27
I always thought the older iPods sounded a little bit less muddy than the newer ones...? Especially the iPod Touch.
Everything, to me, seems to be in a fairly narrow audio band with a lot of treble clipping, compared to my iPod Classic 80gb, I think my Clip (running RockBox) sounds a lot sharper as standard.

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #25 of 27
Sansa Clip+ is excellent, objectively and subjectively. I sold my HM801 and keep the Clip and an Ojective2 amp. Seriously.
iPod Touch 2G has high output impedance and so-so measurements. Lack of current apps does not help.

My iPhone 3GS sounds almost as good as Sansa Clip+; it has a low output impedance too (so BA IEMs can be used). On ios5, I can stream flac from a portable NAS with a 1TB hard drive. There is also 320kbps MOG (Internet radio) that you can download or stream as well.

I would buy a used Sansa Clip, or a used iTouch 4G/iPhone 3GS with ios5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back