iPod Touch/iPhone as a remote for Foobar?
Feb 2, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 28
You could try WiFi Remote Lite, a free app that will let you use the iPhone/Touch as a mouse so you can then operate Foobar (or any other application on your PC) wirelessly. You do have to be able to see the PC screen though.

If you want a full-function remote that doesn't require viewing the PC screen then there is always the free iTunes remote app from Apple, but you would have to use iTunes as a music player instead of Foobar.

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 28
Not an iPhone remote per se, but there is a Foobar web control interface available which you can access from Safari.

I've been looking around for much the same thing, and that's the closest I've found so far.

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #8 of 28
i never knew there's an app for iphone to control foobar
something new for me
cool01

XD

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #9 of 28
I put the foo_touchremote DLL into the components folder, installed Bonjour Service, and got Foobar to recognize my iPhone. This is sweet! Changing tracks and adjusting volume works, with almost no lag. Album art is working great too.

Only "problem" is that the Remote app doesn't do any sorting by artist, album, genre, etc. You go to your playlist (which is 1721 songs in my case) and scroll down to the artist/album you want. I expect this issue will be resolved in the future. Pretty minor considering how well everything else works.

Anybody else using this? There have been several updates in the past month since the last post was made here.

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #10 of 28
Changing a subject a little, if you use MediaMonkey, there is a free app called MonkeyTunes which allows you to use iTunes remote to control it.

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by visia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Changing a subject a little, if you use MediaMonkey, there is a free app called MonkeyTunes which allows you to use iTunes remote to control it.

I use MonkeyTunes, works perfect!

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by pieceofsummer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a foo_touchremote plugin to control foobar with standard iPhone Remote app (currently under heavy development).

I can't say how thankful I am for this link. It works perfect with my iTouch! Finally a proper remote for foobar2000!

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't say how thankful I am for this link. It works perfect with my iTouch! Finally a proper remote for foobar2000!

Me too!!
Awesome plugin, this solves my problem of wanting to use Remote with my dedicated audio box, but not wanting to use Itunes
o2smile.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PC running fb2k as to be on the same WiFi network as the iTouch, yes?

Are there direct IR or RF solutions?

Yeah it has to be on your local network.

Not sure about IR/RF, although the iphone/touch don't support those if that's what you mean
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back