iPod Touch - Battery life
Feb 7, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #16 of 32
I can get... 2 days on it (this is only tested while at my dad's house and away from an outlet (always going places and stuff
biggrin.gif
) but... I had all of my music in ALAC with a LOD to an amp. The amp (iBasso T4) and my ipod lasted for at least Friday's drive up there (about 2 hours), and all day Saturday.

I have the brightness on about... 20% (only as high as I need it), and only listened to music, and no wifi.

Feb 9, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #18 of 32
I have the Gen1 and turning down the brightness, and shutting off the screen works wonders. I get around 20ish hours depending on how I use it. I also have it connected via LOD to amp, and I turn the players volume to 0 since it doesn't affect the LOD, but I think if I do it, it won't send more power to the onboard amp that will power nothing.

Feb 10, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #19 of 32
I'm pretty satisfied with the battery of my Touch 2G, i keep wifi off most of the time and keep the screen brightness pretty low and i never use coverflow.

I think it lasts over 30 hours.. good enough for me..

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you know, i was just about to post the same thing. claims to have same battery life as my ipod classic, i even had wifi turned off and i turn off the screen when it's in my pocket, and it can't even last the day i'm at uni.

i use lossless (same as on my classic), and that classic used to last well into 3 days without charge. not impressed the least. i have the same ipod as you. why is there no 64GB version?

I've been waiting for these (2) issues to get worked out...til then I'm happy with my 80gb.

Feb 10, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #21 of 32
I have the same problem too.. Battery just dies around 12 hours of non-continuous use. I use it for everything. Music, Games, Wifi browsing, buying songs, etc.

The only solution for now is to get an external USB charger. It recharges much more faster than a computer USB plug. I've been using the USB charger for everything, Shuffle, Sony A818, and now, the Touch too.

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #23 of 32
my d2 go about 20 hours less than advertised rating. i know no one who owns one (about 5 people) who get even within 15 hours of advertised rating of 52 hours. most are high thirties to mid thirties, same with me. none of them use sd card.

if the d2 could do wifi, higher resolution movies, location, internet anything really other than music, sort of movie and some flash based games, watch its battery life jump down to 25 hours or so. trust me, it is not the battery king, it just has no way to using its battery up very quickly.

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #24 of 32
I use to own a iPod Touch 2nd Gen. 16 gig, What I think happens is when you turn on WiFi and play games or do whatever the battery meter trys to factor these things into telling you how much longer ur battery will really last. So if you turned on WiFi and started playing games when previously listening to music then it will show your battery at a lower state compared to when you were listening to music.

What I noticed with mine (got roughly 23-25 hours out of it every full cycle) is that every time I turned on wifi and did something either then music, after an hour or so a Low battery 20% would pop up. But when i turned off the WiFi and stopped the other activites, the battery meter shot back up to maybe 70-80%.

Also the 36 hours it claims to last is under specific settings which someone probably already posted above. Its usually listed under the specs in the fine print area with the * infront of the info.

Mar 3, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #25 of 32
Battery life is good enough, especially considering what the device is doing while on eis using it under "harsh" conditions (wifi/music/touching it constantly).

...I only ever notice the battery getting slammed while I'm playing Tower Defense and listening to music at the same time.

Mar 4, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #26 of 32
I get about 18 hours of continuous use out of mine, but that is only playing music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hikira91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use to own a iPod Touch 2nd Gen. 16 gig, What I think happens is when you turn on WiFi and play games or do whatever the battery meter trys to factor these things into telling you how much longer ur battery will really last. So if you turned on WiFi and started playing games when previously listening to music then it will show your battery at a lower state compared to when you were listening to music.

What I noticed with mine (got roughly 23-25 hours out of it every full cycle) is that every time I turned on wifi and did something either then music, after an hour or so a Low battery 20% would pop up. But when i turned off the WiFi and stopped the other activites, the battery meter shot back up to maybe 70-80%.

My Touch does something similar. When the battery is low, I will get the 10/20% warning when I turn it on. Then after about a minute, the battery level indicator climbs and goes green.
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 4, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by arekieh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol battery life is terrible. If u want battery life get a D2

Yeah, I am also an owner of the Cowon D2 and the battery life is excellent. But I guess as one poster commented that if it had Wi-Fi then the battery life could be halfed.

Art

May 9, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #28 of 32
Not to revive an old thread, but there's a trick I am doing with my iTouch 2g, that seems to work good for the battery life :

I often use the iTouch to check emails, stock markets (bloomberg), currency, etc and sometimes, for no apparent reason, I'll see the battery meter drop by very fast, even after a full charge, just listening to music. I suspect some apps don't get "closed" properly, so I simply shut it down during the night (hold the power button until you see "Slide to Power Off") and after that everything seems to be back to normal - the battery goes down "normally".

Might not be a bad idea to shut it down completely every night, especially if you use a lot of apps with it.

May 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #29 of 32
I've noticed that my Touch also doesn't get anywhere near the battery time that Apple claims, but I was expecting this. I can get about 12 hours of battery just listening to music (mostly Apple Lossless, which takes more battery to read), with Bass Booster on, volume at 75%, Wi-Fi and Nike+ off, and the screen off (this was in a plane). I will get just under 2 hours of battery if I'm browsing the internet or using applications though (especially ones that use the accelerometer).

May 10, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to revive an old thread, but there's a trick I am doing with my iTouch 2g, that seems to work good for the battery life :

I often use the iTouch to check emails, stock markets (bloomberg), currency, etc and sometimes, for no apparent reason, I'll see the battery meter drop by very fast, even after a full charge, just listening to music. I suspect some apps don't get "closed" properly, so I simply shut it down during the night (hold the power button until you see "Slide to Power Off") and after that everything seems to be back to normal - the battery goes down "normally".

Might not be a bad idea to shut it down completely every night, especially if you use a lot of apps with it.

Yep. Sometimes apps do stay running even if they don't appear on the screen.

Holding the Home button for about five seconds will also fully close any apps that may still be running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back