iPod Shuffle - won't play
Oct 10, 2005 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nanahachi

Head-Fi FAQ(s) Volunteer
My Shuffle has been a headache from the very start. It was a gift, so I felt that I couldn't return it, but I wish I had.

At first I couldn't load any songs onto it, but that issue has been solved. Now that songs are on it (via ephPod), it won't play.

I was at the Apple store when it opened this morning, and the guy at the Genius Bar said I *had* to use iTunes to load songs onto the Shuffle. I said I've never had problems with ephPod, he merely repeated himself and said that other programs may write the songs only as data files and not as songs/audio, thus the Shuffle would not be able to play them. He plugged my Shuffle into one of their laptops, took a look, and said my songs were all data files, and that I should start all over using the latest iTunes.

Is there any way around this? I really dislike that program and if there are alternatives, I'd love to hear it!

If this has been address elsewhere, please link me! I did a search, but maybe I just didn't see it.

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 4
Understandably I think the 'geniuses' want to eliminate software issues they have no control over. Have you tried this?

Oct 10, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 4
1 word: awesome.

i will try that now. Ric to the rescue!!

Oct 11, 2005 at 11:28 AM Post #4 of 4
While I'm not a fan of iTunes, or indeed any Mp3 managers, (they all seem very clunky to me). This seems to be a very long winded way compared to just using iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back