ipod pausing with poor headphone connection?
Jan 31, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #16 of 18
I have applied a very small amount of sticky tape around the headphone socket... This has fixed the problem for both me and my Brother (we both have 20gb 4g iPods).

It's the metal part of the jack toucing the body of the iPod (the metal) which causes the iPod to pause.

Crappy design.

Although now I almost always use my cMoy and PocketDock, so it doesn't matter so much.

Jan 31, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #17 of 18
thats one of my favorite features of the ipod. it im walking through the halls and i get snagged on something my music pauses so i can take my time to get ready again then continue on w/o missing a beat
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2005 at 10:38 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
thats one of my favorite features of the ipod. it im walking through the halls and i get snagged on something my music pauses so i can take my time to get ready again then continue on w/o missing a beat
biggrin.gif

What's this obsession everyone has with not missing a beat???
confused.gif
When I get my headphones snagged on something, by the time I'm done cursing and untangling things, I can't even remember what song I was listening to!!
eek.gif

I use a handy adaptor from radio shack that also converts the straight plug on my Sennheiser headphones to L-plugs. Also it has a volume attenuator, and the plugs/jacks are gold and apparently pretty decent since I get a better connection than when I plug the cans directly into the iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back