"iPod Overrated?"
Apr 16, 2005 at 11:17 AM Post #91 of 92
I don't like the ipod because it looks like a bar of soap and scratches easily and for me has horrible battery life. 15 hours isn't enough. I don't want to charge my player everyday. And I want a battery that is easily repleacable. As in I push a button and the battery ejects. If I forget to charge my battery one day and it runs out I want to be able to easily replace it with another. (this doesn't apply just to the ipod but to almost every other dap out there) I had a sony hd3 and it was perfect (even though no replaceable battery it lasted long enough for me). There are flaws with sonic stage yes but the player itself was perfect. However I did take it back before my 30 days were up because I learned that sony was coming out with the HD-5 which addresses most concerns I have with any dap. Oh yeah, before someone points out that you have to use atrac, I like Atrac. At 132 it sounds almost identical to a cd to my ears. If Ipod were to match the hd-3/5's battery life and change it's design (i'm sorry, no offense, it just doesn't apeal to me) it would be a toss up between the two.

Apr 16, 2005 at 11:33 AM Post #92 of 92
i dont think ipod will change the design. although it might not appeal to all, its one of the biggest selling factors of the ipod. its just so darn easy to use. there are people( you) who dont feel this way and thats fine, but im afraid that the design of the ipod prob wont change anytime soon. i personally find atrac slightly shallow and tinny sounding, but thats just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back