Ipod Nano with 1GB released!
Feb 7, 2006 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

rhymesgalore

500+ Head-Fier
This very day Apple released the expected Ipod Nano with 1Gb. Priced at 149$
But it didn't replace the Shuffle with 1GB.
The Shuffle is still available but at a lower price: 99$ for 1GB, and 69$ for 512MB

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 35
Umm, I thought they were releasing a new Shuffle with a screen? So that would make a 1GB Nano worthless, unless you really wanted the look...

I don't know, whatever, I'm happy with my 4GiG!

Feb 7, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpburton5150
...you've got to be kidding me

i bought a shuffle yesterday for 1G $127

this blows, well i'll just say, the price won't hit taiwan for forever, and i need it now... garrr

If you bought it from apple, you should get the price drop.

Feb 7, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 35
Well Apple doesn't have any real apple centers in Taiwan I don't think, theres a million stores that have the "Apple Certified" signs but they are just frauds. I bought it at a pretty well known store, but now that you mention that, maybe I might just go back. I seriously doubt though they'd give me any money back.

They gave me a pretty good price anyway as prices are higher here in Taiwan (probably only $10 US difference I lost by buying now). New products and price changes take about a month to hit, and I need my shuffle now.

Not to mention, I love it's sound, wow! They bring my PX-200s back to life. Not to mention I've spent the past day or so coding away so when I plug it in it automatically syncs podcasts and organizes them into the playlist within seconds!

Few, slightly better mood...

Feb 7, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 35
This unit is still harddrive based or is now memory? Same sound internals?

Feb 7, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #9 of 35
i just confirmed at the apple store online - looks like identical dimensions and everything other than the size of the flash drive. darn good deal.

Feb 7, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #10 of 35
hehe. It was flash from the start eh? Doesn't ring a bell. I guess I just forgot.
tongue.gif
Making a 1G version is just too easy and they don't have to change anything inside. I think the nano looks pretty slick
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
Hmmm, do I want a shuffle? They don't play ALAC, right?
confused.gif

right. but the Nano does I believe.

Feb 7, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #14 of 35
A ONE GB model? You've got to be kidding me. I though 2 GB was already low enough, but they had to go and make a 1 GBer.
confused.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwiclx
A ONE GB model? You've got to be kidding me. I though 2 GB was already low enough, but they had to go and make a 1 GBer.
confused.gif

I guess Apple really sold a lot of 1GB shuffles
confused.gif

I also doubt the average consumer carries or cares about carrying as much music as we here do. The average consumer probably does not use ALAC either
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'm having strange thoughts out here:
1GB shuffle: "cool, make it a keyring, take anywhere the real rig doesn't go, have music, even if it only holds 2-3 albums in ALAC" (shame they don't play ALAC, thanks Jahn)
1GB nano: "baa, too expensive for just 2-3 albums in ALAC"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back