Ipod Nano + Ipod Dock (Line Out) + Beyer Dynamic DT 770 Pro = Recommended Headphone Amp?
Apr 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jtodap

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

First time post for me, thanks in advance for the recommendations. I'm looking to get a headphone amp setup for my desk here at work. I'm using an Ipod Nano (sometimes my Iphone or Ipad) plus an Apple Ipod Dock with Line Out along with Beyer Dynamic DT 770 Pro (80 Ohm) headphones. I am looking for the most logical headphone amp to go with this set. In regards to price range, I was looking at the Fiio E09k to use, but I wasn't sure if that is overkill. The E09k is appealing to me because it has a large volume dial I can access at my desk. I do not want one that I have to pick up to adjust the volume every time. 

My question is : Is the E09k overkill for what I need, will it give me what I want in terms of sound quality from my ipod to the headphones (right now its very flat going from the ipod to the headphones directly). If not, what are some other recommendations? In terms of price, I would spend around the price for the E09k or higher if it meant it would get me a lot more in terms of quality and functionality for my setup situation.

Thank you everyone in advance, and excuse me if this has been posted before already.

May 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #4 of 4
I recently built an Objective2 (a.k.a. O2) head amp. Sold as kits and completely built. It has a very low output impedance and enough oumph to drive your cans. I suggest you give it a try, it won't disappoint you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back