IPOD LINE OUT REVIEWS
Jun 13, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #31 of 45
Well the cotton dock came - and extremely quickly. Very impressed with ALO's service.

It's a great cable, really improves things over the cheap mini-to-mini I used before, but plugging the Corda straight into my laptop is still significantly better than using the iPod. I was hoping this would be enough, but it looks like I'll need an iMod...
rolleyes.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #33 of 45
Has anyone done a detailed comparison between the ALO Cotton Dock and the Cotton Dock offered by APureSound? I'd be really interested to see the results. -CK

Dec 8, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #34 of 45
Bump.

Dec 10, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #35 of 45
I guess no one has had a chance to compare.

Dec 10, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone done a detailed comparison between the ALO Cotton Dock and the Cotton Dock offered by APureSound? I'd be really interested to see the results. -CK

ALO's cotton dock is just 20awg silver wire insulated with cotton whereas apuresound uses silver plated copper insulated with kapton and teflon.

the cotton coating from apuresound is just for aesthetics, since the wire they use is already insulated, insulating again defeats the purpose of anything SQ wise.......

from apuresound website:

"The cable consists of very high grade silver plated copper wire (75% silver, 25% copper) covered in 2 thin layers
of Kapton to protect from oxidation (humidity and air) then in a thicker layer of Teflon to help insulate the wire
and protect the wire from damage"

so basically youre asking what sounds better, silver wire or silver plated copper wire..............which is personal preference

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #37 of 45
Thanks for the response, but are you speaking from experience? Apuresound is very respected on these forums, and I doubt he would add cotton just for looks. Have you heard his lineout docks? I wanted the opinion of those who might have heard both. Thanks, CK

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #38 of 45
WOW. I had no idea this thread was still alive.

CK - I have not had a chance to compare them but I know Ken from ALO makes some great docks with some awesome sound.

Shoot Ken an email and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you.

Dec 16, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #40 of 45
SACD-Man, you really need to PM or email Jude about becoming a Member of the trade. You can't just use this forum to advertise your products. There are rules regarding this.

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #41 of 45
I think this thread should include all brands of LODs for comparison. We still don't have Qables, APureSound, Turbo or many of the other DIYs represented.

Dec 19, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #42 of 45
Qables will be included soon as well as an update on the first post. Stay tuned.

Jan 17, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Qables will be included soon as well as an update on the first post. Stay tuned.

Sorry, I may have Stole you Thunder on Qables.

The Qable Silver Cab iPod Dock Out to Mini;
First few hours was OK nothing special AKA "all cables sounds the same
tongue.gif
", then

the First 12 to 24 Hours is Terrible
confused.gif
, Harsh H.Freq, for Female Vocals, all the emotions Gone. in-coherent sound stage, They use to say use Silver cable on tube Amps to Speed up the Sound. Just Like Silver interconnects of old (I have Kimber KCAG) they sounded Fast ,Thin & Brittle and then,

After 48 hours it is Magic. The higher resolution and the All the Missing/vailed sound of the cheaper Copper cable has lifted. this is why i Pick a Silver cable for the High Resolution. It also means all the Average Music. Low Bit Rates are terrible
frown.gif
as they should be.

I think it is a must, to Burn-in for 48 hours before listen.
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #44 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by IvanBarista /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I may have Stole you Thunder on Qables.

The Qable Silver Cab iPod Dock Out to Mini;
First few hours was OK nothing special AKA "all cables sounds the same
tongue.gif
", then

the First 12 to 24 Hours is Terrible
confused.gif
, Harsh H.Freq, for Female Vocals, all the emotions Gone. in-coherent sound stage, They use to say use Silver cable on tube Amps to Speed up the Sound. Just Like Silver interconnects of old (I have Kimber KCAG) they sounded Fast ,Thin & Brittle and then,

After 48 hours it is Magic. The higher resolution and the All the Missing/vailed sound of the cheaper Copper cable has lifted. this is why i Pick a Silver cable for the High Resolution. It also means all the Average Music. Low Bit Rates are terrible
frown.gif
as they should be.

I think it is a must, to Burn-in for 48 hours before listen.
wink.gif

Qables recommends 40 - 100 hours. The Silvercab pro is a serious....cable

Mar 22, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #45 of 45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back