Ipod headphone jack repair?
Apr 13, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there are tons of ipod disassembly guides around, i suspect its one of 2 things, the jack usualy is C shaped on the inside, the main problem is that when a cheap jack is used or too much stress is applied to to the jack, that C expends and dosnt manage to get a decent grip on the headphone jack, solution : press on the C shaped grip to compress it a bit, should solve the issue,

or bad soldering/constant stress have damaged the solder points of the part, so you will need to repass the solder points and make sure theres no cracks in the pcb,

I'm not sure if you're still active on this thread. but i'm one of the many with the headphone jack issue. i opened it up. and one of the screws was out, so i screwed it back in and closed it up. the problem wasn't fixed. so my next step is to check that c-shaped grip and try and make it tighter. before i do it, i was wondering if you, or anyone else who reading this who knows, can give me any tips on not messing the jack up more. i didn't remove or look at the inside of the jack when i took it apart previously. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

-AK
k701smile.gif

May 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #18 of 22
I know I'm late with this comment,but this is for anyone that passes through this forum in the future. One cheap way you can fix this problem is buy a FiiO L3 and a female to female connector. Connect the L3 to your Ipod, then connect that to the female/female connector, and then plug your headphone to it and you got yourself listening to music from both sides. Cheap on amazon with price that circles near $15 when bought together, but that's if you don't mind carrying all those items.

May 19, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:
I know I'm late with this comment,but this is for anyone that passes through this forum in the future. One cheap way you can fix this problem is buy a FiiO L3 and a female to female connector. Connect the L3 to your Ipod, then connect that to the female/female connector, and then plug your headphone to it and you got yourself listening to music from both sides. Cheap on amazon with price that circles near $15 when bought together, but that's if you don't mind carrying all those items.

Or you could just buy a Fiio E1. 
normal_smile .gif

Jun 24, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #22 of 22
incredibly easy and cheap to switch the heaphone jack,  I had the 1 channel out on a number of ipods and replacing the jack with one from ebay was a 5/10min job and fixed the problem 100% of the time.

while i was at it i made a few other 'little mods'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back