ipod earbud (IEM) replacements +/- ~$100
May 22, 2009 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Clean_3

New Head-Fier
Ok i was reading some posts here and on some other forums (reviews too). I see some new stuff has came out and opinions are shifty and all over the place so im kind of confused. Maybe we can recap this again?

Some of the common stuff recommended are Skullcandy's, Sennheiser, Shure's, Ue's, Etymotic, Klipsch, and ive seen a few for Monster turbines, Westone, V modas. Who knows about these. Which brand and model should i go with? I'll be using these for just about everything casual to working out. Im trying to stay under $100 if possible but if necessary i might consider slightly over but not too much. What are my best options?Why?

oh yea i listen to mostly Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B/Techno/Electro/House

Thank you for helping out!!

May 22, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 19
Skullcandy?

What type of can do you want? In ear? Full can? Bud?

May 23, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 19
Monster Turbine is a bit over $100 but well worth it.

May 23, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #8 of 19
I wouldn't recommend PFEs for rap , bass isn't prominent enough for most rap songs.

May 23, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #9 of 19
ok so my lil sis lost her ipod headphones and she wanted the skullcandy's, so i went and bought them so i could try them out and have something to go off of. I tried out the inkd version and they are def better than the ones provided with the ipod however totally not good enough to what i want. I def get more bass with these however its not quite what i want. I def want something that sounds cleaner and is better quality. It seems kinda flat and i want something richer an fuller.

Thanks for the help guys!

for 20 bucks and the average person thats not into audio the inkd skullcandy's will probably do just fine. I like to hear something a little better Q

May 23, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #10 of 19
Not worth starting a new thread, but I have an IEM question. Do they not push wax down your ear canal, thus creating a blockage? I mean, I really can't imagine how this wouldn't happen.

May 23, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #11 of 19
eh, just regularly clean your ear canal and you won't have a problem, ear wax don't
flow out of thin air.

May 23, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soooo..... You've settled on Skullcandy? Not any of the Soundmagic line or the J2's?

What can I say? Have fun!

No No , Definitely not. I just got those because my sis wanted them and i figured i try them. After hearing them they arent bad (for the price) but they are not what im looking for.... Im thinking of trying the Monster Turbine's ... I want that Bass
atsmile.gif

May 23, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not worth starting a new thread, but I have an IEM question. Do they not push wax down your ear canal, thus creating a blockage? I mean, I really can't imagine how this wouldn't happen.

(1):
Dude you should clean up those ears i dont see how you would have that kind of problem unless you dont clean regularly and let it build up:confused_face

May 23, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean_3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(1):
Dude you should clean up those ears i dont see how you would have that kind of problem unless you dont clean regularly and let it build up:confused_face

Confused_face indeed. Seems like reasonable question to me what with the IEM being inserted inside the canal, and my understanding of human beings is that this is an extremely common complaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back