iPod dock with charge, sync and true lineout?
Dec 9, 2009 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Lil' Knight

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone knows a small dock that has charging, sync and true lineout? Something like the Apple dock is great. The problem is it doesn't have the true lineout. I also look at the SendStation Pocket dock but still prefer a dock that I put my iTouch stand.

This one looks promising but again, I'm not 100% sure if it has a true lineout.

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 9
I was at Toys R Us a while back and found this:

iConcepts Composite AV Cable for iPod - Sakar International - Toys "R" Us

Line out and female Mini USB plug that does data and charging.

I bought mine returned/opened for a substantially discounted price.

My ipod always stays in a Speck tough case, so I had to dismantle the plug, whack a bit off of the housing to get more clearance on the Dock Connector.

I've found no discernible sound quality issues compared to other LOD's I have.

I know you're looking for a "dock" and not necessarily a LOD, but I just wanted to toss it out to you.

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone knows a small dock that has charging, sync and true lineout? Something like the Apple dock is great. The problem is it doesn't have the true lineout. I also look at the SendStation Pocket dock but still prefer a dock that I put my iTouch stand.

This one looks promising but again, I'm not 100% sure if it has a true lineout.

What do you mean when you say that the apple dock does not have true lineout ?

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 9
It is certainly fixed in my iPhone dock with an iPhone 3G. Never heard of the behaviour you describe and it certainly was not the case when I years ago had a Video with the then standard Apple dock.

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is certainly fixed in my iPhone dock with an iPhone 3G. Never heard of the behaviour you describe and it certainly was not the case when I years ago had a Video with the then standard Apple dock.

I was talking about the iPod dock, not the iPhone which has fixed volume output from the line out.

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back