ipod damage
Jul 12, 2005 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

b-sides

100+ Head-Fier
this is gonna seem kind of paranoid, but after reading the ipod jogging damage theread, i cant help but wonder what kind of abuse i've put my ipod through. i've dropped it twice, and nothing seems to have happened. is it possible i may have decreased the life of the player or degraded the sound quality by dropping it? i can't hear any noticable change... yet...

Jul 12, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-sides
this is gonna seem kind of paranoid, but after reading the ipod jogging damage theread, i cant help but wonder what kind of abuse i've put my ipod through. i've dropped it twice, and nothing seems to have happened. is it possible i may have decreased the life of the player or degraded the sound quality by dropping it? i can't hear any noticable change... yet...

Don't worry....yet. Unless you drop your iPod while the hard drive is reading, or it takes an extra hard drop, it should work as well as it should. Dropping the iPod or any other HDD player while the hard drive is being accessed, with the heads of the drive not parked, it will most definitely bust up.
I do suggest you be more careful with your gadgets, though, as electronics are the easiest things to break IMHO....

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 3
If you are known to drop things, you should definatly get a good case for your Ipod. Other then cosmetics, it seems like you havent damaged it yet, just be more careful and nothing will happen. As long as you dont drop it when the drive is spinning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back