Ipod connector pinout!
Dec 31, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbelyo
the thinner one does not snap together. I believe it needs to be glued or ultrasonically welded. The thicker one just snaps together (it's actually not very thick at all).

So in other words, either one, depending on whether you prefer to glue it or snap it together? Thanks.

Dec 31, 2005 at 10:11 AM Post #18 of 22
the new ipod DIY connectors are slim and nice

my only complaint is the locking mechanism requires you to jiggle it slightly for them to find the lock position and it connects a bit loosely. i.e. there is slight play when you wiggle it up and down.

what I did was use a glue gun then heat shrunk the connector.
I suppose super glue can work too, but Im too paranoid about using only glue to keep them together
I do not believe plastic will stick with glue in the long run it will eventually crack open. The first gen DIY connectors are a lot better quality BTW, though not aesthetically appealing as the second gen, they are built much more sturdier.

iPodrig.jpg

Aside from that, I have no way of welding, so I have to use glue gun/heat shrink combo.

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #19 of 22
hello everyone. i am new and have been researching on this thread for ipod cables recabling and also in the ipod linux webpages. in all, i have found a lot of very useful information especially this thread with the ipod pin outs. but i have just one question.

i have connected pin 21 and 29,30 with a 1Mohm resistor (i believe that is 1000Kohm) according to the ipodlinux.org pin out diagram. this is supposed to give the ipod power down on disconnect, but it is not working... can someone help? thank you so much!!

Jun 1, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #21 of 22
I have an ipod video i just finished installing an OEM ipod connector to my car. One problem I can only control the ipod from the factory deck, the buttons on the ipod become disabled. I wanted to know if there is a way around this I rather control the music and video from my Ipod. I'm not sure if the previous post answered my question which as to take pin 11 and move it to pin 21.

If anyone can give me an answer it would be very much apreciated since all I could find on the net was a people asking the same question.

Thanks in advance.
confused.gif

Jun 1, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDJ43CGL
I have an ipod video i just finished installing an OEM ipod connector to my car. One problem I can only control the ipod from the factory deck, the buttons on the ipod become disabled. I wanted to know if there is a way around this I rather control the music and video from my Ipod. I'm not sure if the previous post answered my question which as to take pin 11 and move it to pin 21.

If anyone can give me an answer it would be very much apreciated since all I could find on the net was a people asking the same question.

Thanks in advance.
confused.gif

You could try to remove the wire from pin 13 (as numbered by iPodLinux forum). I think it will prevent it from disabling the keys on the iPod, but I don't know if it will affect the performance of your car connection in some other way (that you don't want).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back