iPod Classic Update 1.1.2
May 1, 2008 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

TickTockMan

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone updated to this yet? Problems? Headphone hiss? Bricking?

Curious minds want to know.

May 2, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if this has to do with 1.1.2, but since installing the new update, the 3 albums that I have just synced to my ipod are missing artwork.

Hard to say if it's the update or not. I had artwork from a couple of albums disappear randomly not long ago... only to mysteriously reappear all on their own later in the day. Weird.

It could be the update though, as my understanding is that updating the iPod completely overwrites the old OS and installs a new complete new OS (hence the large download), as opposed to just installing a few small patches.

May 2, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 20
I haven't noticed any new bugs, but the letter scrolling bug that was already present is still there.
mad.gif

May 2, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TickTockMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hard to say if it's the update or not. I had artwork from a couple of albums disappear randomly not long ago... only to mysteriously reappear all on their own later in the day. Weird.

A couple months ago after an itunes update I lost the ability to even get album art anymore. I have removed all album art on my ipod because I needed the room for some new music. Well now if I try to re-enable album art, itunes goes through the motions but doesn't download any album art.

I bet if I wiped my ipod and started fresh it would come back, but thats a lot of work since I don't have an itunes library, I manage it all manually, so I can't just sync and poof done.

Anyways I did the 1.1.2 update last night and so far no problems, no hissing or odd noises.

May 2, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by deviationer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyways I did the 1.1.2 update last night and so far no problems, no hissing or odd noises.

Sorry about your album art. I don't know what might be causing that....

There was a rumor circulating that the 1.1.2 update got rid of the clock screensaver and replaced it with the old-style "now playing" screensaver. Is this true?

I know, I know, I should just run the update and find out for myself but since the hissing headphone overvoltage of two updates ago, I'm hesitant to run any iPod updates until a few brave souls (lab rats) have gone before me.

May 2, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone got the direc tlink to it, my itunes keeps stuffin up

Sorry... I can't find a direct link anywhere. Are you running the latest version of iTunes? That might have something to do with it.

May 2, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

There was a rumor circulating that the 1.1.2 update got rid of the clock screensaver and replaced it with the old-style "now playing" screensaver. Is this true?

I know, I know, I should just run the update and find out for myself but since the hissing headphone overvoltage of two updates ago, I'm hesitant to run any iPod updates until a few brave souls (lab rats) have gone before me.

Nope, the screensaver is still the clock.

May 3, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #12 of 20
Hi i just bought a Classic yesterday and immediately updated to the 1.1.2 firmware: no problems at all. The clock screensaver is still there and it doesn't bother me at all. So far nothing weird happening.

May 4, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #13 of 20
Has anyone who has updated noticed any change or difference in SQ?

May 4, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Has anyone who has updated noticed any change or difference in SQ?

I haven't noticed any changes at all. I think it was just a bug fix—most of which weren't noticeable anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back