iPod Classic: the only high capacity, non-touchscreen DAP?
Jan 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by roebeet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe that the entire Hxxx series are considered one of the best DAPs in terms of SQ.

As for a HDD upgrade, here's the Rockbox wiki on replacing the internal drive with a larger ZIF based one: ZIFToATAAdapter < Main < Wiki. I believe the 140 and 340 use the same PATA-based 50 pin drive. Obviously, you're taking a risk since you don't know for a fact that the drive is the problem.

Thanks for your reply, I am looking intensively at it, it doesn't seem to be that easy or cheap to do...

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #17 of 24
Jan 11, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

My issue with both of them is the software requirement for syncing the players, which is why I usually suggest the iRiver / Gigabeat DIY's as an alternative.

I'm not sure how recently you've used the Zune software, but the current version ( 4 ) is actually quite nice.

I love my Zune pass. I love that for $15 a month, I can download ANYTHING I want in <strike-out>320kb</strikeout>.

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #19 of 24
Ah man, now I don't know anymore what to use with my new Yuin PK2. What should I do?
1) Fix H340 with 80gb HDD (risky)
2) Get 7th gen iPod Classic (most expensive, but safe choice)
3) Get Zune 120Gb (although I can't use most features since I live in EU)

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by lwells /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure how recently you've used the Zune software, but the current version ( 4 ) is actually quite nice.

I love my Zune pass. I love that for $15 a month, I can download ANYTHING I want in 320kb.

I actually had a ZuneHD for 2 weeks, before getting my Cowon S9 and returning the HD. And I used to own a Zune 30, as well. The Zunes aren't bad players, but they didn't fit my requirements - I prefer drag and drop, plus the additional codecs that Cowon / Sandisk / Rockbox offers me.

Zune Pass is 320kb, now? The last time I checked, it was 192kb. I'm still a Rhapsody subscriber, as they migrated my old Yahoo! Music contract of US $71 a year. Plus, my Cowon / Sansa are supported.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenBrouwer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah man, now I don't know anymore what to use with my new Yuin PK2. What should I do?
1) Fix H340 with 80gb HDD (risky)
2) Get 7th gen iPod Classic (most expensive, but safe choice)
3) Get Zune 120Gb (although I can't use most features since I live in EU)

Without the Zune Pass, I would agree that you'd lose one of the reasons to get the device. And yes, the iPod is probably the safe (but expensive) choice. Also, you could probably still make some money on the H340, if you sell it here or on eBay (that could offset some of the price of a new iPod).

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Zune Pass is 320kb, now? The last time I checked, it was 192kb.

Oh wow, you're right. I'm not sure what gave me the idea this it was 320kb. I think you just ruined my placebic Zune listening.
frown.gif

Quote:

Without the Zune Pass, I would agree that you'd lose one of the reasons to get the device.

I would agree. The pass is the main reason why I still have my HD.

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #22 of 24
Thanks for the UK link but it's a LOT more expensive to get it there, I can get a brand new 120 GB with UPS shipping for 180eur whereas the UK website won't take less than 230eur w/o shipping.
smily_headphones1.gif

Is there a big difference in terms of SQ between a Blackberry 9700 and a Zune ? Just so I know whether I should get a MicroSD or a Zune.

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by triple_b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the UK link but it's a LOT more expensive to get it there, I can get a brand new 120 GB with UPS shipping for 180eur whereas the UK website won't take less than 230eur w/o shipping.
smily_headphones1.gif

Is there a big difference in terms of SQ between a Blackberry 9700 and a Zune ? Just so I know whether I should get a MicroSD or a Zune.

They give you 1 year warranty.

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They give you 1 year warranty.

So? I assume I'm getting this both ways, I can't really imagine that Microsoft ****ed up their marketing strategy to the extent of not having a serial-number based warranty like Apple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back