iPod classic firmware update 1.1 is out
Jan 18, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by justhavingfun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Classic 160g updated last night and everything went smoothly and working fine so far. Although I wish it had an option to turn off the clock/screen saver thing.

Yes! Thats exactly what I wanted from the updates, to be able to turn off the time screen saver and have the now playing screen instead.

Jan 18, 2008 at 10:11 AM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by som4ew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish it will be more controlled on bass and be bit more transparent, closer to my iMod 5.5G.

Well... does it cost as much as an iMod costs?
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #18 of 39
It certainly doesn't. That's a great part of the classic, sounding nearly as good as an iMod. But anyway, I went from 1.03 to 1.1 and I got a lot of GUI speed improvement on my 160GB. Rental movies are added, and my TV series don't show up backward ( with ep 24 on top and ep 1 all the way down ). So to be conclusive, me likey ze update.

Jan 18, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #19 of 39
don't do it,unless they state what he upgrade changes or fixes.If your pod is wrkin ok leave it aloneIt's unlikely that they would have a magical update that makes it perfect,in fact they would prefer you buy the new updated version with the great sound.Many things can stuff up during updates like power failure or glitch,bump the usb, computer probs,and my favourite is, just moving the pod out of the way a bit,glitch ,full restore ,full install of everything.Insert screem here.cheers and good luck

Jan 18, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaphod373 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't do it,unless they state what he upgrade changes or fixes.If your pod is wrkin ok leave it aloneIt's unlikely that they would have a magical update that makes it perfect,in fact they would prefer you buy the new updated version with the great sound.Many things can stuff up during updates like power failure or glitch,bump the usb, computer probs,and my favourite is, just moving the pod out of the way a bit,glitch ,full restore ,full install of everything.Insert screem here.cheers and good luck

Don`t be so pessimistic dude
biggrin.gif

It improves GUI speed drastically. Had no problem with any firmware update so far... well, one time my photos don't work anymore. But that was very minor...

Jan 18, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk and Coffee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don`t be so pessimistic dude
biggrin.gif

It improves GUI speed drastically. Had no problem with any firmware update so far... well, one time my photos don't work anymore. But that was very minor...

your right dude with me the pod is always half empty
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaphod373 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They always tell you in the software update what the update is for.

I've never had a problem, but if bumping the USB or moving the iPod causes you a problem, I think you have a bad cable or connection and need to replace it.

You should also have a battery back up on your computer in case of power failures.
Makes sense to me.

Jan 18, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #24 of 39
Dead easy update. Took about 3 minutes to download and execute.

cheers
Simon

Jan 18, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #27 of 39
Apparently the search function is different/better.

Jan 18, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by KromaXamorK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone notice when using the EQ there is less saturation or I'm alone???

Saturation?!

You mean coloration? or distortion?
biggrin.gif

I just noticed that there is not thaaat much distortion overall. Don't know wether this is new, cause i don't use EQ normaly
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #30 of 39
worked fine for me, took like 5 minutes to download and half that to install, no resyncing or anything thanklfully

Users who are viewing this thread

Back