Ipod classic + Amp vs Hifiman 603
Feb 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

marcbee

New Head-Fier
I am trying to upgrade my source for my headphone DT 1350 but I don't know which one sounds better.

Ipod classic + amp or a unamped hifiman 603?

I normally listen to classic, jazz and some pop 

Any ideas?

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #3 of 9
Loove the sound of the Hifiman 603 vs my ipod classic + rsa tomahawk.  However, i'm not sure I can live with the lack of playlists (m3u), managing my music with something simpler like itunes, and having to reconvert my music from apple lossless to flac.  

I think the biggest thing for me is the lack of playlists support.  But LOOVE the warm sound.

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #4 of 9
iPod Classic+HP-P1 is pretty damn amazing -- it is what I use with DT1350's and I could not be more pleased.  Significantly better than the same iPod paired with a high quality portable amp.

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #5 of 9
Thanks! I have a hifiman 603 right now, I love the sound but the problem is its looks ( don't judge me), battery life, memory space and sometimes it lags a bit ( software crashing?) I really want to know how ipod classic + amp ( not sure which one yet, I am completely new to amp, that is why i bought hifiman 603 in the first place cuz it doesnt need one) 

I am gonna get rid of my hifiman 603 ( nothing about its sound quality, its absolutely stunning and people who haven't got it yet should try it somewhere ) and get the ipod classic, I will try to get the HP-P1 as Mostro suggested. Are there any alternatives and better options of Amps? 

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #6 of 9
You can try this with your iPod Classic.
Though it's a bit bigger than HM603,but the PROTRACK will improve the sounding,you can get a more wider soundstage and a more detailed sound from this!
But still,the iPod-and-PROTRACK combo is as neutral as the normal iPod's sound.What the PROTRACK work is just strengthening your iPod.
This combo is working well with the Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO,at least the DT990 PRO won't sound bad.
And you can amp them through the phone-out jack as the normal DAP if you like.
Oh,I forgot!You can also use the PROTRACK as the normal recorders as well!Hmm...,the PROTRACK was made as a recorder for iPod at first step,the amp is just secondary.
Any way,I like this combo,but I thought they couldn't compare with the HP-P1,they didn't on the same price at all.

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
You can try this with your iPod Classic.
Though it's a bit bigger than HM603,but the PROTRACK will improve the sounding,you can get a more wider soundstage and a more detailed sound from this!
But still,the iPod-and-PROTRACK combo is as neutral as the normal iPod's sound.What the PROTRACK work is just strengthening your iPod.
This combo is working well with the Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO,at least the DT990 PRO won't sound bad.
And you can amp them through the phone-out jack as the normal DAP if you like.
Oh,I forgot!You can also use the PROTRACK as the normal recorders as well!Hmm...,the PROTRACK was made as a recorder for iPod at first step,the amp is just secondary.
Any way,I like this combo,but I thought they couldn't compare with the HP-P1,they didn't on the same price at all.

Is this an amp? It is very long though, I want something that is portable and could be strapped piggyback behind the ipod classic

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #8 of 9
Actually,this is a recorder made for iPod,but this still has the amp ability!
Your iPod will be like Sony M10 if you use the PROTRACK together with your iPod.
Not a bad kit at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back