iPod Classic 7G 240GB
Apr 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #121 of 130
Looks like the "thin" backplate. You'll need the "thick" backplate to accommodate the 240GB HDD. Also, I'm absolutely sure the 240GB HDD will work with the 7th Gen Logic Board, although I have heard that anything above 5.5th Gen can be upgraded to 240GB - not sure if you have to change logic boards to complete the mod, but possible.

May 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #122 of 130
If anyone was looking to get a 240GB iPod off eBay, they are starting to crack down on these "non-genuine" products. I just got my account suspended for selling these hi-capacity pods. Totally ridiculous - had years of feedback, 100% positive, and plenty of folks want them.

May 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #123 of 130
Plus I never had a successful case opened against me - and all of a sudden my monthly selling limits are 0ed out so I can't get paid. What the heck. I guess eBay has thousands of other sellers, they don't need my business anyway.

May 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #124 of 130
Quote:
If anyone was looking to get a 240GB iPod off eBay, they are starting to crack down on these "non-genuine" products. I just got my account suspended for selling these hi-capacity pods. Totally ridiculous - had years of feedback, 100% positive, and plenty of folks want them.

Maybe you can sell the IPods here?

May 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #125 of 130
Quote:

Damn - I gave my twin a link to your store to get an ipod. 

May 12, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #126 of 130
My 30 pin input on my 7th gen 160gb classic has broken which I believe means I need a new logic board at a minimum. So now I'm thinking if I'm going to open the patient up to replace the board it might also be a good time to make the jump to the 240gb hard drive as I'm just about maxed out. Just looking to see if there's any recent/current feedback on this mod. I'd be looking to do this myself. I've already replaced the HD once a couple of years ago so I'm not a total stranger to opening up the iPod.

May 12, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #127 of 130
My 30 pin input on my 7th gen 160gb classic has broken which I believe means I need a new logic board at a minimum. So now I'm thinking if I'm going to open the patient up to replace the board it might also be a good time to make the jump to the 240gb hard drive as I'm just about maxed out. Just looking to see if there's any recent/current feedback on this mod. I'd be looking to do this myself. I've already replaced the HD once a couple of years ago so I'm not a total stranger to opening up the iPod.

They also sell the 30 pin connector that you can replace yourself.

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #130 of 130
Hello guys,

I can confirm that Ipod 7th gen works with 240GB hard drive and JUST with this version of the rockbox (http://www.rockbox.org/dl.cgi?bin=ipod6g. ). I tried a lot of builds before it start to work correct.

Also if you start from the beginning you need to do hard work first as described here http://www.head-fi.org/t/532426/ipod-classic-rockbox-its-happening. Use emCore and it's work great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back