Ipod Classic 1.0.3 firmware released ...
Nov 28, 2007 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

epaludo

Headphoneus Supremus
Well,
After a long period of time when people were complaining about the classic funtionality, finally apple released a new firmware: 1.0.3.
Let's hope it solves the bugs, or at least most of them. I personally don't have any major bugs while using my 160GB classic.
Here's the ilounge 1.0.3 discussion link.
I'm very happy apple released this firmware update, although i'll wait a bit and read the comments on it before installing on my classic ...

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #2 of 25
People seem to be liking it. Updating now (crosses fingers).

Nov 28, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 25
The menus seem a bit faster, though there is a bit of slowdown when the hard drive spins up. Ejecting now has a progress bar, which is nice. Turning the iPod off takes an extra second (which I don't mind) and the screen fades like the previous generation instead of turning off instantaneously.

I haven't noticed any new bugs so far, and other issues (like photos not being displayed, the playcount bug and most notably, the hard drive spin down issue) seem to be fixed from reports. If you were on the fence about getting an iPod because of the bugs, I don't see a reason not to pick one up now.

Nov 28, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 25
P.O.S!

It stuffed up and now I need to restore my 160gb iPod with 125gb of content
frown.gif

Very unhappy!

Nov 28, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #6 of 25
Updating as we speak, ill let you guys know how i like it.

Edit: The menu is more responsive, coverflow is noticabley more responsive, when ejecting your ipod it is quicker and has a progress bar along with it, and it seems to wait until the harddrive is done spinning before it turns off, which IMO justifies the extra second you have to wait to turn it off.

Nov 28, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #7 of 25
I updated and haven't noticed any substantial changes (other than that, once again, I have to reset all my settings. You'd think they'd learn to store them in a file separate from the stupid firmware).

Nov 28, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #9 of 25
Seems like it works much better. Coverflow is quicker, scroll wheel much quicker and not laggy as of right now. Will give it a listen tonight and see if it fixes the pauses in the music.

Nov 29, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #10 of 25
much better...

smoother interface

video folder now has nice smaller icons to show you the video

and most importantly for me... it now interfaces with my Hi-fi unit as they added the speaker setting now when its attached.

best update thus far seems like Apple is listening...

Nov 29, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #11 of 25
it seems that the clock when you scroll over extras only has one hand now lol. Doesn't apple look over this stuff before they submit a new update??

Nov 29, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by weste47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it seems that the clock when you scroll over extras only has one hand now lol. Doesn't apple look over this stuff before they submit a new update??

Mine has two hands, are you sure you're looking at it correctly?

PS to those who said you have to restore, I updated with a loaded iPod classic and it upgraded the firmware without erasing my songs. I'm managing manually via iTunes though, not syncing.

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #14 of 25
I just done some reading on Apple's discussion forum. It is just as the other firmware updates. It fixes some problems and subsequently creates new ones. One guy was on his third 160gb Classic. I am on my second and still on 1.0.1 with no intentions of updating. Do the reading before you jump and if the fixes out weigh the new problems go for it; if you are feeling lucky. Just my.02

Nov 29, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #15 of 25
1.03 f'ed up my photos so that could no longer be viewed on my ipod and had to be resync'ed. The clicking sound became louder and more annoying (wonder if there's any way to turn its volume down) Otherwise, no change that I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back