Ipod Classic 1.0.3 firmware released ...
Nov 29, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #16 of 25
Clickwheel seems much more responsive to me now. Coverflow is also smoother and faster to respond. Turning the ipod off is a bit slower, but that may be because it checks to make sure the hard drive is not spinning before it shuts down (a good thing).

Nov 30, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amati /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1.03 f'ed up my photos so that could no longer be viewed on my ipod and had to be resync'ed. The clicking sound became louder and more annoying (wonder if there's any way to turn its volume down) Otherwise, no change that I can see.

You can turn off the clicking sound, if you didn't know. =)

Nov 30, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2.2gotboost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just done some reading on Apple's discussion forum. It is just as the other firmware updates. It fixes some problems and subsequently creates new ones. One guy was on his third 160gb Classic. I am on my second and still on 1.0.1 with no intentions of updating. Do the reading before you jump and if the fixes out weigh the new problems go for it; if you are feeling lucky. Just my.02

I wouldn't let a few bad experiences stop you. Plenty of people have upgraded without any issues, myself included. If something happens (which unfortunately isn't unheard of at all with updates) you can always get it exchanged.

Nov 30, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #20 of 25
my photos also do not work anymore. thumbnails are still available but after clicking the photo doesn't show up - a little bit annoying...

but everything else is fine so far - improved gui-response time. last but not least they solved the "display-time-out-time"-bug
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #21 of 25
Good to hear it fixes the annoying interface lag.

Dec 2, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #23 of 25
For me, the big improvement is the battery consumption relief. I'd only be able to go 5-6 hours before needing to recharge. Supposedly, it was a problem with the spool down of the drive not happening while in cover view.

So far, so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back