iPod Battery: The Definitive Word
Feb 22, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazin_it_alwyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I 2nd the movement to get rid of this sticky. I will try to red flag this for the mods to see it.

The reason I personally say get rid of the sticky, is

1. It is not up to date (for example: Their most recent news is the announcement of the iPhone, when it is getting ready to come out)

2. It does not cover all models (it stops at 5.1, doesn't even get to 5.5)

3. Since they are obviously not keeping it in shape, I wouldn't trust it as an up to date source you would follow to the T (I wouldn't take their advice on people they recommend for buying batteries from, a lot of apples policies have probably changed, etc).

Useful thread. Don't hate.

Mar 2, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #62 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone cares, it would seem that the stock battery in the 80GB iPod is an 850maH battery, which is the largest capacity battery that can fit in the case without breaking the screens (according to one of the replacement battery suppliers who tried to cram 950maH batteries in there). Moral of the story for me is that I cancelled my order for an 850maH replacement because it seemed pointless even though they claimed their 850maH battery got longer use time than Apple's.

So basically there is no batterie that would be better than the stock one in a 5.5g iPod?

Juli

Dec 24, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #63 of 69
Thanks for this thread. One of my nanos stopped charging but it was due to a faulty usb cable.

May 11, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #65 of 69
Hi, how do you replace the battery on the Itouch, this thing doesn't have screws where should i pry if i can do that at all. Thanks.

Dec 20, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #67 of 69
Any tips or tricks on how to open more than just one side of the IPod (original 3G model)? I can get the first side open, but can't get the first corner to come apart, and then the whole thing seals itself back closed again.

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #68 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by cp8ir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any tips or tricks on how to open more than just one side of the IPod (original 3G model)? I can get the first side open, but can't get the first corner to come apart, and then the whole thing seals itself back closed again.

Patience, dilligence, and grace...

Using two opening tools helps too. Get a good gap going, stick a guitar pick (or other tool) in the gap, and keep working your way down that side. Worked with my iPod Photo.

May 2, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #69 of 69
I had problems with my Ipod right now. It is malfunctioning. It is an Apple iPod nano 8 GB Black. I misplaced it for two days. When I saw it again, it's battery was empty. So, I charged it unto my laptop. After about two hours, I checked it and still there is no sign that it was charging. Anyone who have an idea on what is happening on my Ipod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back