ipod battery life with lossless
May 8, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #31 of 42
Your guys' iPods are strange (or is mine just super-strong?) with the varying battery lives.

I have a 5G 60GB, and it lasts me over a week when listening ~2 hours each day on the bus, and another hour at night, with 70% of the music being lossless (ALAC) files on the iPod. Estimating roughly... this gives me ~15 hours of battery life.

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #32 of 42
I get at least 10 hours of battery life on my iPod Classic with lossless rips. Volume usually between 40 and 60 percent and used with a FiiO, backlight set to 5 seconds i think, no eq or soundcheck.

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #35 of 42
Am I not doing something right? I get about 14 hours of life out of my 5.5G iPod with lossless? Wondering, is there anything I need to do in the iPod settings or something to know that the iPod is playing lossless?

Thx, nice dig on an older thread.

Oct 3, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #36 of 42
I just tested my iMod 5.5g with lossless and it ran just over 12 hours on the extended battery RWA installed at the time of the mod. I think it was a $7.00 @ 1200mah from eBay. Can't look it up on my iPhone right now.

Oct 4, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I not doing something right? I get about 14 hours of life out of my 5.5G iPod with lossless? Wondering, is there anything I need to do in the iPod settings or something to know that the iPod is playing lossless?

Thx, nice dig on an older thread.

You know if it is lossless if that is how you ripped the music off your CD into iTunes. Click on a file and choose "get info" to see the bit rate, or set your columns in itunes to display bit rate in addition to name, artist, album, etc...

The ipod itself wont tell you.

Oct 4, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #39 of 42
I didn't do a full test on my 120GB Classic, but I roughly got about 10-12 hours with ALAC?

I've been listening to 320KBPS/CBR MP3 for the past 2 hours and the battery hasn't nudged yet, whereas the Classic surely would've went down by a notch or two.

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #40 of 42
my 5.5g imod running ALAC last ard 16 hours on stock battery

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know if it is lossless if that is how you ripped the music off your CD into iTunes. Click on a file and choose "get info" to see the bit rate, or set your columns in itunes to display bit rate in addition to name, artist, album, etc...

The ipod itself wont tell you.

Thanks, that I know. My question was how does one guarantee that the iPod is recreating lossless playback? Not sure if I was clear enough, sorry.

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, that I know. My question was how does one guarantee that the iPod is recreating lossless playback? Not sure if I was clear enough, sorry.

If the files are lossless, the iPod plays them back that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back