iPod and iTunes Question
Mar 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

spaceman

Headphoneus Supremus
I currently have a 5G 30Gb iPod and will be purchasing a new Classic. I want to utilize both devices on the same account. Is this possible? Can I just synch my current libraries onto the new device? Thanks

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 18
Where you used to run into trouble was with having too many computers under one account (5 per iTunes account). But if Apple had their way we would all have a 100 ipods, so that has never been an issue for them. And now with most of the music going DRM free, the whole 5 computer thing has mostly gone out the window too.

But yes, as the others have said you will have no issue with that.

Mar 13, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 18
thanks

Mar 14, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #6 of 18
You're most welcome!
smile.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #7 of 18
Yea, that is what I do.
I like to enable auto sync and hook them both up at the same time. Makes me feel good that the computer is doing all of the work
biggrin.gif
(I think it's because I'm a nerd)

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, that is what I do.
I like to enable auto sync and hook them both up at the same time. Makes me feel good that the computer is doing all of the work
biggrin.gif
(I think it's because I'm a nerd)

wrong... A true nerd would want to have total control over that process and he is the lord of the circuits
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #9 of 18
I'm assuming I'll have to re-rip my CDs if I want Lossless format correct? My current iPod files are AAC. What's the best way to rip my collection to get lossless on my new iPod classic? Thanks

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #10 of 18
Don't know the answer to your last question but if you haven't already, visit the iLounge--google for the site--where all things Ipod and iTunes are discussed; probably all your questions are answered there.

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm assuming I'll have to re-rip my CDs if I want Lossless format correct? My current iPod files are AAC. What's the best way to rip my collection to get lossless on my new iPod classic? Thanks

yup you need to rerip cds into Apple loss less and thats the only way...
frown.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup you need to rerip cds into Apple loss less and thats the only way...
frown.gif

ok, no problem, only had about 75 on. One other question. When I rip to lossless in iTunes, it will go to iPod in lossless correct?

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #13 of 18
yes it will go into iPod as lossless.

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Yes, you need to re-rip and encode to lossless (Apple Lossless I presume).
Transcoding from lossy (AAC) to lossless will not gain you any sound quality, just multiply the file size. Aka -> waste of time and space.

Best way to rip? Using a CD ripper application with secure ripping feature and a lossless audio codec.

Quote:

ok, no problem, only had about 75 on. One other question. When I rip to lossless in iTunes, it will go to iPod in lossless correct?

Yes

Mar 21, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best way to rip? Using a CD ripper application with secure ripping feature and a lossless audio codec.

I currently use iTunes. Is there another application that would allow me to do this more efficiently? If so, how do rip in one application and integrate the lossless files into iTunes?

If someone can point me to a web tutorial for newbs it would be great. I've been a CD/Vinyl guy for quite some time and now moving my library to digital. I have 4 large capacity HDs, so storage is no problem. Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back