iPod and ER4P...airhead or super mini?
Jan 17, 2003 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 9
Are you looking for cross feed? If not, I think the mini (although I don't have one) might be better given the reviews on the board lately.

I have an iPod and prefer the sound with a Cha47 better than a Total Airhead I just sold (listening with ER4S with adapter). Is your budget at $100?

Jan 17, 2003 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 9
Ok, I gotta ask now, what is this crossfeed feature in some amps? whats good about it?
-Mag

Jan 17, 2003 at 5:03 AM Post #5 of 9
Check out this link:

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=36

Also, Meier-audio has a good explanation in under it's amp model descriptions.

Basically, your left ear naturally hears a bit of what's to your left, and vice versa. Natural stereo sound has a mix of both left and right channel. With headphones, you lose that abilty - crossfeed is suppose to help fix that. It is debatable if it really helps or not with your listening pleasure. I have read it really helps old recordings, but YMMV.

Jan 17, 2003 at 5:07 AM Post #6 of 9
Ok, thats what I though it was, I dunno, I kinda like the perfect channel separation you get with headphones. It's kinda cool, and you hear in each ear what was meant to be heard in that ear. I dunno, I would have to do a side by side with amp that had crossfeed/no crossfeed to really decide. But for now, I like no crossfeed.
-Mag

Jan 17, 2003 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by MagusG
Ok, thats what I though it was, I dunno, I kinda like the perfect channel separation you get with headphones. It's kinda cool, and you hear in each ear what was meant to be heard in that ear. I dunno, I would have to do a side by side with amp that had crossfeed/no crossfeed to really decide. But for now, I like no crossfeed.

Listen to an old Zeppelin or Stones master on headphones, you will hate it. Too much hard stereo separation. I don't mind flipping my crossfeed on in those cases.

Jan 17, 2003 at 6:46 PM Post #8 of 9
I personally never saw a reason for crossfeed until I got my ER-6s, I listen to alot of older music and sometimes hearing something on only one channel drives me in:| Possibly a META42 or Porta Corda if you think you would like the crossfeed, and if you could afford one.

Jan 17, 2003 at 7:12 PM Post #9 of 9
Check with Fixup about the iPod... thought I remembered something about him working on an amp that would fit inside the iPod. Email Fixup for more info on that project. No crossfeed, but talk about portability!!!

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back