iPod Album Art
Jan 19, 2009 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Csericks

Headphoneus Supremus
Most of the albums on my hard drive have the accompanying cover art but on my iPod those same albums do not show the art. How do I transfer the art to the albums on my iPod? Thanks for your help.

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 20
I am not the smartest digital music person, but I am particular. I just got my first Apple product, a brand-new 120G Classic. All of my music files were in WMA. After converting them, barely any of the album art has transferred over, what has transferred over is kinda blurry (what I am particular about). I have kinda resorted to just ripping my cd's back into iTunes, and the album art is always crisp and clear on the screen. I know I am weird like that...I am sure there are many better ways to do this, and I am sure people will let you know.

Jan 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All of my music files were in WMA. After converting them, barely any of the album art has transferred over, what has transferred over is kinda blurry (what I am particular about).

Don't just convert your .wma files to .mp4 of .mp3! If your .wma files come from your own cd's, take the effort and rip them again. The fact that your albumcovers won't appear on your .mp3 (.mp4 ?) is that they are two different formats.
Once you add an albumcover in iTunes, it'll be transferred to your ipod.

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 20
Everything on my hard drive was ripped from straight from my own cds then dragged to my iPod. At this point we are talking about approx. 1500 cds ripped at 256. I'd prefer not to start over. Shouldn't the iPod and hard drive agree with each other?

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 20
Because the album art is not embedded in the files by default, by iTunes. You need to copy paste the picture into 'Get Info' for it to embed. Then it should work..

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because the album art is not embedded in the files by default, by iTunes. You need to copy paste the picture into 'Get Info' for it to embed. Then it should work..

Is this done one album at a time?

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #7 of 20
Download iTSFV (iTunes store file verification) and amongst the options you can embed your iTunes art into the actual file, as well as batch fill in tags like disc number etc...

I use it on all my ALAC stuff after I rips themz

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Csericks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this done one album at a time?

Yes. Select all tracks in an album, then 'Get Info' and paste the artwork picture.
A bit time consuming if you have a large archive, but totally worth it imo.

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. Select all tracks in an album, then 'Get Info' and paste the artwork picture.
A bit time consuming if you have a large archive, but totally worth it imo.

As I said, I am no digital music wiz, but this is totally time consuming, and I still feel much of the album art comes form different sources and sizes and ends up being blurry and of not-as-high-quality as what the CDDB on the iTunes provides...just my thought.

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just use Mp3tag and tag it myself... Such a lengthy process but it does work.

X2. Awesome program for doing all your tagging work in general, not just album art.

Jan 20, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #12 of 20
I've always had to add all album artwork manually in iTunes. Which meant Google Search for every single cover, look for highest quality file, download then import into iTunes Get Info then copy & paste to every single track. You want time consuming, I got time consuming. Still worth it IMO, I'm a jazz-guy so I gotta have all my Blue Note album covers just love that stuff, you dig. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 20, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #13 of 20
Just went through this with my first Ipod. Kept two windows open. One with Itunes for the rip and one @ Amazon for the art. When it's through ripping, use the shift key to select all tracks and just paste it once per album. Still slow, but best I could come up with.

Jan 20, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #14 of 20
Thanks for all of the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back