Ipod 7gen vs Ipod Touch 4gen (SQ)
Jan 10, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 14

Quote:
Which one has the better sound quality? Ipod 7th gen or Ipod touch 4th Gen from the headphone out?

I'd be curious about this too. I just bought a 32GB Touch 4G,but I did consider the Classic as well. 

EQ disabled, it does sound quite good.... only with the Rockbox EQ do my Clip+'s and Fuzes sound better. One of these days I may have to try that EQu app, I guess.

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #3 of 14
From a very brief audition of the 2010 iPod Touch and my 2009 iPod Classic i concluded that their HPO was quite similar if not equal. Both a tad worse than iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS HPO's. Files were AAC 320Kbs and iems used were Shure SE530.

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 14
I have had both, the 4G and the 7G Classic shortly after. I had both at the same time for around 3 days in which I decided to send the 7th Gen Classic back because, quite frankly, it sucked. 

I used 320kbs mp3 files as I always do and I used my Shure SE 535s as headphones.

I listen to a wide range of music so I can comment on pretty much anything; but just so you guys know, this is from memory (it was late last year that I had the players).

The 4G Touch had very good sound quality for an Apple player, I was very pleased with the sound. Powerful, strong, clean, and detailed.
I shortly got the 7th Gen classic after that and hated it, the music was muddy, and doing direct side by side comparisons the 4G just sounded better in all regards.

The 7th Gen iPad is the worst music player I have ever heard. 

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 14
My iPhone 4G has the cleaner sounding HP out, but my iPod 7G gets crazy loud!!! Still, I'm sold on my iPhone 4G - and the touch 4G sounds the same,...I love it. 
L3000.gif

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #7 of 14
Well I personally have an ipad and my partner has a iphone 4 and i have been testing the SQ of bought of them...and they sound pretty much the same to me... They both provide very solid bass and clear mids and highs... So i guess i can expect the ITouch 4 gen to sound pretty much the same as these 2 idevices. The only reason i was considering the IPOD Classic 7gen (or 6.5g) is becasue of the bigger storage . I only listen to lossless ..and have 260GB + of music on my computer... but if the SQ of the Classic is that bad as some might say compared with the other Idevices then i might just get the itouch...

So could anyone could say otherwise and try and fight a point back for the Classic.... or am i good in saying Classic is crap just go with itouch if you want another idevice for music with decent SQ...?

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 14
^ Thats the same reason I got the classic; I always just wanted to load all of my music up on one device and be done with it but the sound quality of the new classic just dissapointed me. Hell, you could)d buy online and return if you don't like it if you want to go to that route.

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #9 of 14
The newest generation Touch has pretty amazing SQ, on par if not better than the SFlo2 imo. From what I've read it sounds about the same as the iPhone3GS which is considered better than the iPhone 4g. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
The newest generation Touch has pretty amazing SQ, on par if not better than the SFlo2 imo. From what I've read it sounds about the same as the iPhone3GS which is considered better than the iPhone 4g. 

Unless you've tried the devices reading that something sounds better than the other means you really have no idea about what you're talking about. I've never heard an s:flo2, so I have no idea about how it sounds - but I've heard most of the iPods, and I own the iPhone 4G,...

To surmise: Don't say a player sounds better or worse than something else if you have no experience with it - simple as that. I made that mistake once, and I was wrong to comment, same as you.

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #13 of 14
I've compared the 4g Touch to the SFlo2 directly, so that is my experience. That last bit of the 3gs sounding better than the Iphone 4 is something I can't back up directly but that is why I said it was "from what I've read" which is an obvious disclaimer. My sources are below, i'm not making blatant statements this is a give or take. I DO know what I'm talking about because it's an observation I found here after many readings, but you make it seem as if I directly stated that the 3GS>4g Iphone, which I didn't the disclaimer is there and I said that it's considered (here). 

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #14 of 14
No need to get all worked up, I was just saying. I personally like my iPhone 4G's sq, but I love the increased volume of the classic 7G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back