iPod 5.5 vs 6?
Mar 27, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #16 of 23
The fact that Classic can't play flac is the only thing holding me from buying it.

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #17 of 23
I feel like buying the update to the Classic along the line because of the lack of space on my 8GB Touch. Its like Nicole Richie.

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fact that Classic can't play flac is the only thing holding me from buying it.

I ended up buying a Nano because I don't have a lot of music, and it's much smaller than the Classic. Some genius decided that pockets on women's clothing should be decorative rather than functional. =/

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some genius decided that pockets on women's clothing should be decorative rather than functional. =/

You need a pet kangaroo!

See ya
Steve

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the classic has everything i look for...
excellent value ($$ to size)
excellent battery life
screen good enough for movies with subs
looks good and ain't too bulky

EXCEPT rockbox!

no flac
frown.gif

the saddest part is how rockbox would almost never find its way into the classic...
frown.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #21 of 23
I'm sure guys at rockbox are trying hard at breaking the Classic. I've no doubt that it will be broken eventually.

The question is when.

Mar 28, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #22 of 23
This isn't SQ related but the 5.5g iPod has a more sensitive click wheel than the 6g. It'll work better when inside a case that covers the click wheel with silicon.

I'd say go for it. You'll be getting that iPod for a song.

EDIT: You might want to ask if the previous owner cycled the battery at least once a month. It would be bad if you got that iPod and it didn't hold much of a charge.

Mar 28, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #23 of 23
And, don't forget that the toplayer of the screen isn't made of scratchy plastic, but from glass! I'm enjoying my Classig160 everyday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back