ipod 40gb vs iriver ihp140
May 5, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia

If your situations affect less than 1% of the population, I don't care. Pony up, boy.

lol. i didn't know your views and experiences stands for 99% of the population. my bad.
rolleyes.gif

May 5, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #62 of 69
IMO this topic has gone totally off course; we're no longer talking about playing music, but having hard drive functionality. The fact is, both the iHP and Ipod are excellent portable HD players with their own strengths and weaknesses, and I doubt anyone would argue with that.
DigiDub, I know you're trying to argue a point, but triple posts are to be avoided.
rolleyes.gif

May 5, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #63 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie
IMO this topic has gone totally off course; we're no longer talking about playing music, but having hard drive functionality. The fact is, both the iHP and Ipod are excellent portable HD players with their own strengths and weaknesses, and I doubt anyone would argue with that.
DigiDub, I know you're trying to argue a point, but triple posts are to be avoided.
rolleyes.gif

yea. whatever. to each his own. good luck to mikebuzzaw on getting the mp3 player that fits your needs best. the only best way is to ask around, or even better, audition the units if possible to see what you are really looking for, because everyone has different needs
cool.gif

May 5, 2004 at 7:21 PM Post #65 of 69
Wow, look at where this thread has gotten off to
confused.gif
Too bad, because I really thought that the points on both sides of the coin were well lain out, but obviously some people just can't take them for what they're worth, and have to draw them out and change them into something else. I wanted to try and make my points clear, but after reading this thread since yesterday, I don't want to anymore because this thread has gotten icky. Besides..Dig did a decent job of re-enforcing my points.

[/end]

May 5, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #66 of 69
I can understand, admire, and promote standing by your principles to support iRiver since they are currently SDMI free. But they have already announced support for Microsoft's subscription based media center crap. Looks like a whole new level of DRM to me.

When it comes down to it this argument is entertainment at best. If you like iHP use it, if you like iPod then use that. Personally I think the fact that such heated standoffs between the two i players just proves that both are serving the needs of their users quite well.

May 5, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #67 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Spot
Wow, look at where this thread has gotten off to
confused.gif
Too bad, because I really thought that the points on both sides of the coin were well lain out, but obviously some people just can't take them for what they're worth, and have to draw them out and change them into something else. I wanted to try and make my points clear, but after reading this thread since yesterday, I don't want to anymore because this thread has gotten icky. Besides..Dig did a decent job of re-enforcing my points.

[/end]

Wow, what a totally useless post.
biggrin.gif

You posted to basically tell us you weren't going to post in this thread.
biggrin.gif

Gee.. thanks for the info. What were you doing, think aloud?
biggrin.gif

j/k

May 5, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #68 of 69
Quote:

Gee.. thanks for the info. What were you doing, think aloud?

Yep.

Not entirely useless though...I stated that I didn't feel the need to post because Dig pretty much covered what I might have said...so go read his posts again if you're really saddened by my lack of a redundant post.
wink.gif

P.S. Your post is CLEARLY more useless than mine.
rolleyes.gif

P.P.S. @Big..My point is not to blindly defend or champion Iriver...the point was more to make clear the obvious differences between the two methods of transfer and playback of music OTF. And there ARE differences despite what has been said...Differences that obviously affect how much I like one over the other.

[/end for real this time]

May 5, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #69 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Spot
Yep.

Not entirely useless though...I stated that I didn't feel the need to post because Dig pretty much covered what I might have said...so go read his posts again if you're really saddened by my lack of a redundant post.
wink.gif

P.S. Your post is CLEARLY more useless than mine.
rolleyes.gif

P.P.S. @Big..My point is not to blindly defend or champion Iriver...the point was more to make clear the obvious differences between the two methods of transfer and playback of music OTF. And there ARE differences despite what has been said...Differences that obviously affect how much I like one over the other.

[/end for real this time]

Gee, whenever I see someone posting something that mirrors what I feel, I don't feel the need to "announce" that I won't be posting again due to that reason, especially if I'm not specifically addressed.

Get over yourself. It was a joke
smily_headphones1.gif
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back