Ipod 160Gb gutless volume
Jan 21, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Albinoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A friend of mine recently bought an Ipod 160GB classic and I took it home to put some music on it for him. Anyhow after I did the transfer of the music to the Ipod, as usual I decided to test it, all in all it worked good but I was very shocked and dissapointed about the Vol level/loundess on this thing as it was weak as and gutless, I had to crank the Vol right to max to get a decent hearing level.

I than went into the settings in About section (I think) and there was some thing there witha a combimation lock, there was a Volume limiter setting or something like that, I did try to change it and still no luck, cause every time I tried to change it, it defaulted back to its original position.

just get an lod and an amp.

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #17 of 19
Agreed : line-out into my T3 and its a much better experience. Still prefer the X in so many ways, tho.

Jan 22, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #19 of 19
This is one reason why i hate the classic, but is the internal DAC meant to be as good as people claim it to be, over say the 5.5g?

If so then i might source a US Classic 160gb, or just go with a 5.5g iModded to go with LOD and RSA Predator and AKG K701's.

I did have a 160gb Classic for a while and i hatted it over my previous 6gen pod.

Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back