Iphone OS 3.0 Live
Jun 17, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Assuming I can get out of the office at a reasonable hour, I'll download 3.0 tonight. Can't wait - the new features look terrific. I also have to wait out a few more weeks to pass the one year mark with the 3G before I can qualify for the 3GS. I'm planning to get one of those, as well.

Att changed the upgrade rules. If you qualify within July, Aug, and Sept, you can upgrade now with no additional fees. Oh, you need to wait until the 18th to check on this. Will still show higher price today.

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #17 of 27
Installed on iPod Touch 2g with a minor issue to report. After the update was all done, I disconnected the Touch, went into Music.... only to find nothing. I thought, okay, I need to re-sync the playlists I guess. So I plugged it back in, it synced back and I saw in the usage bar that my audio was still on the Touch. I disconnected again, went into Music, and no go. Nada, Zip.

So I figured, shoot, I need to restore. Plugged it back in a 3rd time, but I noticed syncing was taking slightly longer this time around. I disconnected it, went into music, and I saw "Rebuilding Library" or something similar. Voilà, music was back!

So far I can't really tell if it's any faster or slower. Sometimes it feels slightly faster, sometimes slower, depends what I do. So all is good I guess
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #20 of 27
Not yet. But I believe the dev team broke the codes already so it must be just a matter of time.

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #21 of 27
Is the 3.0 version a little bit snappier than than the previous versions found on the iPhone 3G? Mine is a little bit sluggish atm
frown.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamoneagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Att changed the upgrade rules. If you qualify within July, Aug, and Sept, you can upgrade now with no additional fees. Oh, you need to wait until the 18th to check on this. Will still show higher price today.

Unfortunately, I don't qualify. I think you need to be on one of their $99+ a month plans to get the inexpensive upgrade.
frown.gif

Oh, well. I see that Buy and Sell Electronics, Sell Cell Phone, Recycle Electronics - gazelle.com will give me $170 for the 3G, so $30 more isn't the end of the world.

What does cheese me off is that new customers will get the better price while someone who has given them about $4,000 over the past five years isn't someone they want to keep around. I stay under my minutes and haven't called customer service - I'm easy money for them.

I'll stick around until the exclusivity deal is through. Then I'll go to another carrier unless they give me a free phone and/or a better deal on a contract.

Jun 22, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, I don't qualify. I think you need to be on one of their $99+ a month plans to get the inexpensive upgrade.
frown.gif

Oh, well. I see that Buy and Sell Electronics, Sell Cell Phone, Recycle Electronics - gazelle.com will give me $170 for the 3G, so $30 more isn't the end of the world.

What does cheese me off is that new customers will get the better price while someone who has given them about $4,000 over the past five years isn't someone they want to keep around. I stay under my minutes and haven't called customer service - I'm easy money for them.

I'll stick around until the exclusivity deal is through. Then I'll go to another carrier unless they give me a free phone and/or a better deal on a contract.

cell phone companies aren't about service...they're not about rewarding loyal customers...they're about getting new customers under draconian 2-year contracts.

i don't fault at&t for not subsidizing the phone price to those who upgraded last year, though, as those people got their phones subsidized and at&t needs to make back their money. at&t didn't do anything different with iphone subsidies than they do with all the other subsidized phones they have...

what i absolutely think is criminal is at&t charging an $18 "upgrade fee" as well as an $18 activation fee for upgrading from my 2G plan to the new plan.

Jun 23, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #26 of 27
Seems like I'm gonna have to restore my iTouch 2g ; the plays still don't get synced properly, even after a full reset. Hopefully the restore will work...

I updated a bunch of CDs from mp3 to ALAC, so maybe it screwed something up in the iTouch when the new format got synced back. I was starting to get the same problem pre-3.0 but far less worse tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back