iPhone is Go Go GO!
Jan 13, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #181 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by hempcamp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they get an unfair rap sometimes on this issue. Apple makes products that are more beautiful to begin with, so they show wear more easily. Other products that don't show wear don't tend to be as pretty to begin with.

Being "beautiful" has nothing to with durability, nor does not being "pretty". It's all about the materials used in the design of the product. There's absolutely no reason that Apple couldn't have speced materials for the construction of the iPod that would have been much harder to scratch and scuff.

Personally, the cynic in me believes that the reason the iPod scratches so easily is by DESIGN. What better way to help fuel the multi-million dollar iPod accessory market?
rs1smile.gif

Jan 13, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #182 of 198
I love Apple.

I hate Cingular.

Already have a great phone/contract with TMobile and have my 8gb Nano.

Won't be getting this admittedly impressive new toy.

But kudos to Steve for bringing out yet another exciting product!

Jan 13, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #183 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it were 30gbs it would.... but nothing else is needed to put the Zune in it's grave. MS made sure the player was dead before it even hit the shelf.

+1

Jan 13, 2007 at 10:41 AM Post #185 of 198
Personally, I prefer having a good mp3player, a good digital camera and a cheap cell phone, each one in a seperate device.

You're more flexible and probably get more performance out of them than out of one mega multimedia device, no matter how expensive it is.

Jan 13, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #187 of 198
I had yet to see a full video. Incredibly sweet. This negates the necessity of carrying around my Nano (though really, I use it only for bed-time) and the ease of syncing with my Macbook Pro (will be the first PDA to do so flawlessly) this is exactly what I have been waiting for. The phono functionality, for me, is simply an extra that will equate to a bonus function. Really, it is the PDA/Web stuff I really want and thus far I'm quite pleased with what I am reading/seeing.

Jan 13, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #188 of 198
this thing is cute. But the capacity is still a bit to small to replace a hdd player for me. I like the internet especially. It is also gsm which is a plus.

Jan 13, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #189 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this thing is cute. But the capacity is still a bit to small to replace a hdd player for me. I like the internet especially. It is also gsm which is a plus.

Does it have an SD card slot? If so, then 8 GB standard + expansion is not soooo bad, but agreed, I won't be giving up my 60 GB iPod for this thing.

Jan 13, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #190 of 198
Cingular is done with as a company. AT&T Got rid of it. I wonder how this is going to work out for the iPhone.

Since cingular is out of the picture I'll probably get it now.

Jan 14, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #191 of 198
Err..that's not true at all. AT&T IS Cingular. And vice versa. Cingular bought AT&T Wireless, and for whatever reason, are changing their name.

Mass confusion is going to result as SBC also changed their name to AT&T, and I don't think they're connected.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #192 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dregur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Err..that's not true at all. AT&T IS Cingular. And vice versa. Cingular bought AT&T Wireless, and for whatever reason, are changing their name.

Mass confusion is going to result as SBC also changed their name to AT&T, and I don't think they're connected.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Actually AT&T bought bellsouth (cingular).

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243321,00.html

But if it's the same crappy network then I'll pass

Jan 15, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #193 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it have an SD card slot? If so, then 8 GB standard + expansion is not soooo bad, but agreed, I won't be giving up my 60 GB iPod for this thing.

I have a feeling lots of folks who own big storage iPods will pass on these until they rival or surpass iPod storage.

Jan 15, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #194 of 198
I think people will buy it regardless of the price. It could turn out like the ipod did. The first ipod was $400 or $500 when it first came out and analyst's were saying it was too expensive and why the hell would apple get into the mp3 market. We all know how that turned out. Besides, who says apple won't release similar/better/cheaper phones on other networks in the future?

Jan 15, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #195 of 198
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5 menus? Sorry, but one or two key presses only. Coincidally i had a Nokia 6230i before... wasn't font of the UI, and they really wasted the resolution the screen featured. I loved the interface of my first T310, but the joysticks are POS.

The Nokia 3210 is widely regarded as a benchmark in phone UI . I have had 3 Sony Ericsson's, a T-610, again widely regarded as the phone which established SE as the dominant player in the market and more recently a W800i and w810i. The w800i is certainly a classic, addressing many of the problems of earlier SE interfaces but to call someone you havn't called for a few days you usually need to

1. enter the menu
2. select address book
3. enter the first letter of the name of the person you want to call
4. Scroll through all the entries with the same letter in the address book
5. press call

This is a bit tiresome to say the least.

the newer w810 is even worse with 6 multi function keys and a joystick. A total ergonomic mess.

Don't get me wrong, I like the functionality of the SE phones, the 2 Mp camera, radio, mp3 player which sounds almost as good as my Ipod and flexibility of a 2Gb memory card.

However I would be the first to admit the UI isn't a strong suite. This gets even worse when you plug it into a computer expecially on the w800i which has a habit of crashing the SE file manger if you try to transfer more than 10 files at once.

If the video of the new iPhone interface is anything to go by Apple will have no problem taking a large chunk of the market on usability alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back