iPhone / iPod equalizer app for best music listening experience
Oct 29, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #91 of 122
Yes, and I did that research and purchased the Etymotic Research ER-4S, which really are amazing earbuds. With that said, no offense taken.
And you're right about the XCiter app, it merely was a sound "enhancer." As it is, even the Accudio app only has 6 bands, but the sound really seems remarkable.

It's not really 6 bands because they aren't set frequency bands. You can have up to 6 EQ adjustments laid on top of one another, but each of the 6 frequencies can be selected with very high accuracy (10hz bands).

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #92 of 122
I used Acudio for a bit but had some crashes and freezes when I tested it.  Otherwise okay.  I am working with Equalizer on ios 7 and have found it suits my method of equalizing quite nicely.  I'll be doing an article on it and the methodology which is a take off of a fine post about equalizing by fellow head-fier PiccoloNamek.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #93 of 122
Onkyo has a new free app with EQ. It supports upsampling by 2x via digital out and supports hi-rez and DSD playback via inapp purchase (but have only tried the free upsampling capability). It is called Onkyo HF Player.

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #94 of 122
Been using Accudio and really do like it. And I pretty much have them all. Accudio stopped crashing for me with iOS 7. But I like to try them all now and then. I have an iPhone 5. So many excellent choices.

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #98 of 122
Can anyone please tell me a system level parametric EQ for ios5.0.1 and lower? I asked for system level parametric EQ as I have zero iTunes but tons of MOG internet radio (MOG offers no EQ). All iOS EQ that I know of are for iTunes. Thanks!

Doesn't exist, unfortunately. I doubt Apple will allow a system wide EQ for iOS. I've been wanting a proper EQ for iOS, from Apple or third party, for years, but nothing has come along.

Nov 11, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #99 of 122
Here's a thought:  How about an iOS EQ app for movie watching?  I would love something like Equalizer but for videos stored on the device.  Perhaps as part of a VLC update?  

Of course, the system-wide EQ would solve it for everything (music, movies, streaming) but I have little hope that such a thing will ever exist in iOS.  

Jan 31, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #101 of 122
hey guys, been a huge fan of Accudio for some time, and been using it without too many issues. My biggest irk is that the interface is insanely dated and some of the functions could be improved upon, so I took a whack at redesigning the interface as a concept, and would love some opinion on from users like yourself. Obviously it's not a real project for Golden Ears, but it's just something I really wanted to try out and see how I could improve an already amazing app.

your input/feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Click on the link for more!

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #103 of 122
Personally, I liked Accudio better than Audysses. It seems to be really good at bringing headphones to nuetral, there are more custom settings for headphones, and I just think it sounds better. I will admit that the ui on accudio isn't very good though.

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #104 of 122
The Accudio app seems interesting. Has anyone tried Can Opener? It has a cross feed feature that affects the soundstage. I also have the Onkyo app and like it. Before the Accudio app which I am trying out now, I use Can Opener more than the Onkyo. HF Player.

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #105 of 122
Wow, I think Can Opener takes the cake for horrible interface! Why do these guys spend so much of there effort on making a quality app and have it crumble on the interface?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back