iPhone / iPod equalizer app for best music listening experience
Oct 26, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #31 of 122
yeah, i can notice that it sounds fuller and no phone interference when I listen with it :)

Canare Cable vs. Fiio L9 clearly the Canare Made in Japan beats it. given the cable diameter size.

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #32 of 122
Quote:
yeah, i can notice that it sounds fuller and no phone interference when I listen with it :)

Canare Cable vs. Fiio L9 clearly the Canare Made in Japan beats it. given the cable diameter size.

using that kind of thing with iphone + ibasso t4 would remove the horrible noise produced when the phone looks for the network ?

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #33 of 122
using that kind of thing with iphone + ibasso t4 would remove the horrible noise produced when the phone looks for the network ?

Here it is.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5-black-dock-ipod-iphone-headphone-amp-black-/270631955664?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3f02ebecd0

[/quote]

Glad you like it mate, you're welcome to keep the cable for an extended period, I've sold off my amps and have no need for it.

Oct 26, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #34 of 122
Quote:
Here it is.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5-black-dock-ipod-iphone-headphone-amp-black-/270631955664?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3f02ebecd0
Glad you like it mate, you're welcome to keep the cable for an extended period, I've sold off my amps and have no need for it.[/quote]

Hey thanks for the link :)

Do that mean "yes" to my question ?

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #36 of 122
Yes that is correct :)

somehow it happens to Fiio LOD cable but not with the Canare cable.

Quote:
I can't guarantee it will sorry. I think that's what JohnSantana was saying though.

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #37 of 122
thanks mate, just let me know when you need it back :)

then I can send it to you.

Quote:
Here it is.
Glad you like it mate, you're welcome to keep the cable for an extended period, I've sold off my amps and have no need for it.[/quote]

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #38 of 122
I got Accudio software for my iPhone 5 the other day and it opens up an entirely new level of audiophile sound quality for me. Using my Ultimate Audio UE11's they sound great to begin with but now they are off the scale on every audiophile recording I have. Being a person that listens to lots of pipe organ, this has given the natural sound of the pedal pipes realistic sound. Since the UE 11 is not on the Accudio list I used the UE18 profile and just added a little bass to compensate for the 2 extra armatures that the UE18 has and not the UE11.
After reviewing the Golden Ear site and viewing the measurements of many other earphones, this is a natural path.
At CanJam in Denver 2 weeks ago I listened to ALL of the IEM and liked the Ultimate Ear Personal Reference Monitor after I tuned it to my liking. The catch is that now my UE11's with the Accudio sound much better by many levels. I would recommend this product as a must for and IEM owner. After you go through there complete site you realize there precise work is what is needed to complete my listening experience. Not just talk but hard measurements. It shows the JH13 measured better then the UE18 and the Rooth LS8+ did the best of all.
One Happy Customer

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #39 of 122
Another interesting thing is the ratings numbers of the IEM after changes have been made. Here are 3 URL's. The end results is the Westone ES5 totaled 8 1/2 points,
The UE18 got 10 1/2 points, the JH16PRo got 12 points and the Rooth LS8+ got 13 1/2 points.

Go to http://www.goldenears.net/ and the list of headphones are on the left. Just click one of them because one is measurements and the other is pictures.
Golden Ears net is Accudio

For people who have not been to this site read how they do measurements and you will see it is all first class. All of the ratings are near the bottom of the page like
transparency, Dynamics, Resolution and others. Just total up the ratings and that is how I came up with the numbers. 

Oct 27, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #40 of 122
Quote:
I got Accudio software for my iPhone 5 the other day and it opens up an entirely new level of audiophile sound quality for me. Using my Ultimate Audio UE11's they sound great to begin with but now they are off the scale on every audiophile recording I have. Being a person that listens to lots of pipe organ, this has given the natural sound of the pedal pipes realistic sound. Since the UE 11 is not on the Accudio list I used the UE18 profile and just added a little bass to compensate for the 2 extra armatures that the UE18 has and not the UE11.
After reviewing the Golden Ear site and viewing the measurements of many other earphones, this is a natural path.
At CanJam in Denver 2 weeks ago I listened to ALL of the IEM and liked the Ultimate Ear Personal Reference Monitor after I tuned it to my liking. The catch is that now my UE11's with the Accudio sound much better by many levels. I would recommend this product as a must for and IEM owner. After you go through there complete site you realize there precise work is what is needed to complete my listening experience. Not just talk but hard measurements. It shows the JH13 measured better then the UE18 and the Rooth LS8+ did the best of all.
One Happy Customer

Hi mate,

Can you please share your screen dump here for the IEM settings ?

I'm using Westone W4 with Westone W4R profile, but overall sound is worst or muffled :-/
should we use different IEM profile to generate better sounding or we shouldn't use the same profile as the IEM we are using ?

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #41 of 122
Quote:
That Denon app is pretty cool. The audio eq is licensed from elephantcandy, the makers of EQu. I think I'll take sound quality over battery life but I have a touch, not an iPhone so it's okay if It runs low. I love how the Denon app has a queue system, something EQu is missing but EQu sounds a tad bit better to me.
I've tried Equalizer extensively but I just can't get the phenominal sub-bass that I can from EQu, but Equalizer is less battery intensive. Equalizer has a queue system, but the app is buggy overall and crashes on me frequently. Although the dev constantly updates it which is nice.
I've used the BBE app but don't like it at all.
Stereophonic's audio eq is also licensed from elephantcandy but the UI is dreadful.
Seems like I've used a couple other eq apps but can't remember them off the top of my head.
I keep going back to EQu for my eq needs but that Denon app has queuing funtionality so I think I'll try it out for a while and see if it beats out EQu for my needs.

What exactly is the point of the queue system? Is it supposed to be like iTunes DJ? I just want to be able to play a playlist without going thru any extra steps first. Is there a way to turn it off? I think the Denon app has the nicest, cleanest interface, but the queue thing is throwing me off. I've primarily been using EQ10 and have made a few suggestion to the developer who seems to be receptive to feedback.

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #42 of 122
Been using AF Equalizer since I got my iPod Touch. Always been satisfied with it, but since iOS6 came out, it has become glitchy to the point where I can't even unpause my song without it crashing a third to half the time. Picked up the Denon app and love it except for one thing: frequent clipping. Any fix out there? Or should I look elsewhere? I don't have any iTunes credit right now, and I'm not sure when I'll get more.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #43 of 122
I got the Denon Audio app for my iPod touch 3G.  It has up to a 10 band EQ, I think it's sounds pretty damn good.  I agree with the queue thing, you also can't fast forward songs.

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #44 of 122
Quote:
I got the Denon Audio app for my iPod touch 3G.  It has up to a 10 band EQ, I think it's sounds pretty damn good.  I agree with the queue thing, you also can't fast forward songs.

Yes you can, all you need to do is to go to the lower right hand corner to hide the Equalizer, then on the Album art view, you can do the Scrubbing with your finger :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back