iPhone / iPod equalizer app for best music listening experience
Feb 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #106 of 122
An app that really effects sound stage is Rondo, it also has a motion sensor that tracks movement and changes the direction sound is coming from. Its a cool effect but I think it lowers the sound quality unfortunately. Its free so I use it sometime, not much though.

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #108 of 122
Another great thread!  I'm about to buy the Hifiman RE-400 and heard of it's low bass.  So I thought I'd add an EQ app to pick it up a bit.  It appears the Accudio app recommended here has a preset which seems great.  And it was free to download.  I wonder though, some people mention paying for the app - what more would I get if I paid (although I don't even see an option for an in-app purchase).

Also, is anyone familiar with this app?  I pre-selected the Hifiman and my model - but everything appears set to 0 or flat.  Are all presets like this?  Or do you need to play around with the settings to your personal liking?

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #109 of 122
Have not used Accudio in ages since it was pretty flakey when I did.  It should not be all flat if you have a preselected HP.  You may wish to go to an Accudio thread and see if you are missing something.  good luck.

edit:  As I recall (maybe) you may not be able to see what the setting are for pre-selected headphones, they may keep that hidden.

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #110 of 122
I used to use accudio all the time (still do with the earpods) but I didn't like the sound with that app with the sennheiser momentum. Now I mostly use canopener, it has a better UI, volume adjustment by the db, and a good crossfeed function
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/canopener-for-headphones/id690996855?mt=8

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #111 of 122
  Have not used Accudio in ages since it was pretty flakey when I did.  It should not be all flat if you have a preselected HP.  You may wish to go to an Accudio thread and see if you are missing something.  good luck.

edit:  As I recall (maybe) you may not be able to see what the setting are for pre-selected headphones, they may keep that hidden.

Ah, your edit makes sense.  I suppose once I get the new IEMs, I can try it with the Hifiman pre-setting and then with another IEM pre-setting and see if I can hear the difference.  That may be a way to verify if they keep the settings hidden (or if I'm supposed to do an in app purchase to get the setting).

Aug 8, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #112 of 122
Ahem....Looks like nobody has ever mentioned or even touched Neutron.....wonder why... having Accudio, BBE, Radsone uninstalled for long period....

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #114 of 122
I'm very disappointed with Audyssey mp3 player on iPhone. I paid the full price to get the full version with all the supported headphone functions and now with the new update I have to pay an In App Purchase to buy something I already bought. This was such a great sounding app but now the developers are hell bent in robbing their customers. Not impressed. 

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #116 of 122
why is it so hard to make a parametric eq with unlimited bands/filters? isn't each parametric filter curve just in series with the next all using the same algorithm to do it?

Dec 31, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #117 of 122
  The second and my favorite is Accudio by Goldenears.net.  it is $4.99 and worth every penny. 

Thanks, I just tried it. There is a free version now, and it includes the EQ. Unfortunately neither of my headphones were included in the database so I used the custom EQ. Would be wonderful to try one of their EQ curves some day too.

The interface is pretty poor, there are misspellings and even some Korean words mixed in, but my iPhone is finally listenable with these cheap portables I use and I can finally play FLAC too!

Dec 31, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #118 of 122
  why is it so hard to make a parametric eq with unlimited bands/filters? isn't each parametric filter curve just in series with the next all using the same algorithm to do it?

Yes, but more bands require more processing power. Sooner or later the processor won't be able to keep up with the track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back