iPhone EQ really that bad?
Apr 14, 2008 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dima1109

100+ Head-Fier
I got an iPhone a few days ago. I use Crossroads X3i headphones, they sound fine with EQ off, but as soon as I turn it on (usually Rock or Electronica, sounds best with metal), I get sibilance and distortion in the low frequencies. It only shows up in certain songs, some you can't even notice it, but some are pretty bad. The thing handles the low end of low end well, even with EQ, which is weird because that's the range that gets distorted first.

Does it need burn-in? Has anyone else had the same problem?

PS I know, it's Head-Fi, nobody uses EQ, but sometimes I do want the U-shape on some songs.

Apr 14, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 6
hmm. i have an ipod touch so i figure its probably fairly similar. with the EQ on, it sounds very..."forward"...sounds like what your standard cheap EQ does, just boosts the levels on everything, u kno? and i think i know what you mean, i do hear a bit of sibilance and distortion especially on some tracks moreso than others, but stuff i definitely wouldnt be hearing (nor do i want to be hearing) anyways. i pretty much just stick with the EQ off, even for those "U shaped songs" (i know what you mean, dont worry
wink.gif
)

Apr 15, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 6
I don't even use the ipod function on my iphone. i find that the EQ on the iphone and 5g ipod aren't that great

Apr 15, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 6
Likewise on my iPod 5.5g, it's worthless, except for the "reducer" EQs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back