iPhone drop outs with new CCK
Jun 14, 2017 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Angular Mo

100+ Head-Fier
Any dedicated iPhone users experiencing audio dropouts when connecting a low-power consuming USB DAC/AMP dongle to the new CCK with the lightning and USB port.

I prefer the user interface and connectivity of my iPhone as a source over buying a dedicated DAP.

This is extremely frustrating.

Jun 18, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 9
I occasionally listen to a AQ Firefly Red via official apple lightning USB adapter (CCK?) to my iPhone 6s plus, via Tidal (or Spotify for some albums not on Tidal). I haven't spent too much time listening in this format, but yes, I do remember it dropping a few times. Not constantly, but it would. It almost seemed like the iPhone was in power saving mode or something.

Jun 18, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 9
Since the 10.3 UI update, a lot of people are experiencing connectivity issues with several different typea of amp/DACs. The issue hasn't been fix in any of the 10.3.x updates. It's been noted by some users that the iOS 11 beta has it fixed though.

Jun 19, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #4 of 9
My iPhone 5s has the latest OS installed and I am checking it with my Apogee One with the stock cable provided by Apogee which is a lightning to a special proprietary plug at the One's end. I think it might be the CCK causing problems.

Jun 19, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 9
I'm listening for many hours and not a single drop, random pause or anything yet with iPhone 5s (iOS 10.3.2) to Apogee One with original Apogee OTG cable. I will check it out with Apple CCK + Mojo (just ordered) when my unit arrives. Gotta stop the test and charge my phone and the batteries now.

IMG_0725.JPG

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 9
I can confirm his same problem. I'm running iOS 10.3.2.

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #8 of 9
I can confirm his same problem. I'm running iOS 10.3.2.
I guess I must feel lucky with not updating my 10.2 iPad mini 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back