iPhone 5 Line out?
Mar 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #62 of 94
Ah, I didn't come back for a while... Just to say : my iPhone 5 works perfectly in USB with my car system.

In fact I don't understand why Apple has put such a restriction with the new connector, it is smaller and thus practical but there should be solutions already. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #63 of 94
Still no rumors/product/news about the new line-out?

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #64 of 94
any news on this? :frowning2:

Jun 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #65 of 94
I think I am pretty safe in saying that an analogue line out will never happen, digital out maybe.

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #67 of 94
Hi,
Just noticed this on Appleinsider:
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/06/24/chinese-accessory-maker-claims-to-have-permanently-cracked-apples-lightning-authentication
Would that, connecting through usb, allow to bypass the iphone's dac?

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #70 of 94
Trying to bump this up a little.
Do peeps have any feedback as to the possibility to connect a DAC to a Ipod touch 5 or Iphone 5?
I own a little IBasso Zero dac which I like a lot coupled to Etymotic ER4S earbuds. I was considering the Ipod touch 5, but I'm still not sure I can use both my dac and my Etys on that device...
Any thougts out there?

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #71 of 94
Hi all, haven't posted much but have lurked for yonks!

I'm jumping back on the Headfi bandwagon again after some time away. Sennheiser Momentums ordered, O2 kit has just been delivered and I was considering getting the ODAC to compliment them.

I've now got lightning connectors on my iDevices, so I am also trying to find out if there's
A). Line out from Lighting Connector or adaptor?
B). Digital output from Lightning Connector or adaptor?

Cheers
Griffster.

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #72 of 94
Standard and Griffster, you're better off using a small 3.5mm to 3.5mm from the headphone out than using the Lightening to 30-pin adapter. The headphone out on the 5G iPhone/iPod Touch is very clean.

Headphone.com has a nice cable that may suit your needs until a descent LOD option comes out:
http://www.headphone.com/accessories/headroom-4-inch-mini-to-mini.php

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #73 of 94
I would be very interested in a digital out so that an external DAC can be used. And $100 car stereos can pull a USB audio stream from iPods and iPhones, so clearly we're being ripped off by companies making $500+ docks/transports.

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #74 of 94
Quote:
Standard and Griffster, you're better off using a small 3.5mm to 3.5mm from the headphone out than using the Lightening to 30-pin adapter. The headphone out on the 5G iPhone/iPod Touch is very clean.

Headphone.com has a nice cable that may suit your needs until a descent LOD option comes out:
http://www.headphone.com/accessories/headroom-4-inch-mini-to-mini.php

Thank you for the reply. But pardon me if I'm not getting it quite right: it seems using the headphone out and plugging it to my DAC would result in a immense loss in sound impedence. I tried it on my IPod Classic, and there the sound in the etys was small and feeble with almost no power, to the point of insignifiance.
Is there something I don't understand propely?

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #75 of 94
Sorry, I misread your post. My original reply still stands for Griffster.

Regarding your DAC, it is not an iDevice DAC like the Sony PHA-1, Fostex HP-P1 or V-Moda VAMP, so you will never be able to connect it to the DAC portion of your device. You can still connect any portable music player to it via the line-in. If using the headphone out on your music player instead of an LOD you need to have the volume up fairly high on the music player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back