iPhone 4S hooked to external DAC yep its working
Aug 13, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #16 of 77
Hardware setup as mentioned.

there's one thing i found out about the iPhone to DAC startup. Because the cameraconnect driver is original iPad software It doesn run as smooth on a iPhone.
After installing it trough Cydia (bigboss Repo) It wil detect the DAC imidiatly but when reconnected it didnt work at first.

If u do the following steps it will work.

Reboot phone (I use NCSettings to quicly reboot the phone to detect the DAC.)
After reboot start the DAC connect the USB cable to the CCK.
The phone has to be unlocked (See foto) then connect the CCK connector. voila.

About the sound quality....  I dont do sound to letter emotion.'It doesnt work for me. 

Aug 13, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #17 of 77
Works with Ipod Touch 4g and a HotAudio DacDestroyer!

If you plug a DacDestroyer in directly, it will complain that there is not enough power.

However you can trick it by putting a simple usb-hub (non-powered!) between the camera connector and the dac.

After which it works fine. Budget dac+digital source to go :) 

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #20 of 77
Quote:
Just wondering if that trick could be accomplished with a little adapter like this:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1235420/are-these-amperage-step-up-adapters-safe-to-use

Three bucks plus another dollar for shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Usb-Switching-Power-Adapter-Plug-For-Ipad-0-5A-2A-/160863565535

Some reviews here mentioned that similar compact adapter only allowed power but no data:

http://www.amazon.com/Charging-Charger-Adapter-Apple-iPad2/dp/B0042LF23I

It seemed to be a matter of manipulating those 5 pins inside the USB port itself. That should tell iPad / iPhone the "right story" so our goal could be reached.

If that were the case, maybe all we need is an appropriate CCK with the pins required and cut off the unnecessary ones accordingly?

The spec for charging an iPad/Pod/Phone are different whether you use a plugpack/wallwart, or a computer.

With a computer, the device has to enumerate (be recognised by the pc) before it will charge. With a wall-wart, the data pins are held at a constant voltage, 2.5v i think with a very low current to tell the device it's only a power source. This is what I suspect that little dongle does. So: Using this dongle could fry your dac!

What I would use instead is one of those combo dock-connectors and usb hub cables...maybe get the octopus one and chop the others that you don't need off so it's neat.

In other news: Sales of proprietary ipod dacs suddenly drop drastically.

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #21 of 77
I'm interested in this hack in hopes of using my 4G Touch with my Leckerton UHA-4 DAC/amp. Has anyone tried seeing if it works with a Leckerton amp yet? I did some quick googling and there was the odd thread on the net saying it didn't work with some DAC's.

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #22 of 77
OK I've taken the first 2 steps. My Touch is now jailbroken and I've purchased the app now i have to get the CCK and I should be set. Pardon the dumb sounding question this app has no icon no settings nada to mess with right? Once you install it the tweak installs itself onto your iPod and you don't see or mess with a thing right? I'm asking because I've started looking around for it and I see nothing new on my iPod?

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #23 of 77
I doubt ut, what settings would there be? it just unlocks a feature that is already there as I understand it

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #24 of 77
Quote:
OK I've taken the first 2 steps. My Touch is now jailbroken and I've purchased the app now i have to get the CCK and I should be set. Pardon the dumb sounding question this app has no icon no settings nada to mess with right? Once you install it the tweak installs itself onto your iPod and you don't see or mess with a thing right? I'm asking because I've started looking around for it and I see nothing new on my iPod?

Waiting for your lead DigitalFreak, if so, I'm pairing my Touch with Centrance's next product when it comes out :D Or spring for either a ODAC or Leckerton 

Aug 14, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #25 of 77
Quote:
Waiting for your lead DigitalFreak, if so, I'm pairing my Touch with Centrance's next product when it comes out :D Or spring for either a ODAC or Leckerton 

I'm grabbing the CCK this weekend if not sooner stay tuned bro.

Aug 15, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #28 of 77
Well I just gave this hack a shot. I got the CCK and a USB to mini USB cable. My UHA-4 doesn't have a USB is only has a mini USB. I connected the CCK and got device not supported on this device. I then tried a reboot of the device reconnected it and the warning message didn't come up. I connected the amp to the CCK using the mini usb to usb cable and hit play on my iPod Touch. The sound came out of the external speakers and sent nothing to the amp. I'm rather disillusioned right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back