iPhone 4S audio chip ?
Oct 11, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #2 of 57
Didn't they stop using Wolfson??

Its probably the same, as an iPhone 4 user, the 4S is a massive disappointment can't believe they took 16 moths to do that. 

Cant wait for the SGS3 thats announced every MWC, the SGS phones are always a massive 'WOW' because Samsung just does their absolute best for it.

Look at the SGS2, its been like a year now since they showed it off at MWC and still no other android manufacturers can make a phone that even comes close to the SGS2.

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 57

Quote:

Its probably the same, as an iPhone 4 user, the 4S is a massive disappointment can't believe they took 16 moths to do that. 

Considering the fact that Apple has sold more than 1 million 4S's in the first 24 hours, the most successful launch of any product in the company's history, there are at least 1 million people who might take issue with this statement. 

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #5 of 57

Quote:
...Its probably the same, as an iPhone 4 user, the 4S is a massive disappointment can't believe they took 16 moths to do that...

Incremental updates, has been their business model for a long time now. Only rarely do they do something radical. Usually worth waiting for though, when they do. 

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #6 of 57

Quote:
Considering the fact that Apple has sold more than 1 million 4S's in the first 24 hours, the most successful launch of any product in the company's history, there are at least 1 million people who might take issue with this statement.  

I bet you 75% of them don't know what Android is exactly, and 20% are probably Apple fanboys that believes 'if Apple makes it, theres nothing better, and love Bose and Beats'. And 5 % are probably nerds who knows that there are better phones out there (and coming soon) but they just prefer iOS.

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #7 of 57
The only thing I find disappointing about the iPhone 4S is that it still has the same size screen. Everything else about it seems improved, and perhaps with iPhone 5 next year, we'll see a larger screen. They're following their pattern.....3G, then 3GS.....4, then 4S......so next should be 5, next fall.

Of course, you won't see me with an iPhone for the simple reason of  exorbitant carrier contract prices. That's why I stuck with a pre-paid dumb phone that is dirt cheap for someone that doesn't make or receive a lot of calls, and bought a Touch 4G last January. The $100 a month many people spend on their smartphone contracts covers my phone usage for about 6 months.

Oct 12, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #8 of 57
Mine should be here Friday. I bought mine Sim-free because contracts are a rip off. Sell my old phone to take some of the sting out of the new one, then I only pay £15 a month for a Simplicity Sim from O2 rather than paying £35 a month or something silly on an 18 month contract. Means I can just sell the 4S next year for the 5 and still pay the same amount. Winning!

Oct 12, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #9 of 57
I've made a little article for my website about evolution of iphone Dacs. The Dac of this version could be, in my opinion :

1. The same old dac used in the 3GS and 4 : a Cirrus Logic CS42L61.

2. A Cirrus Logic CS42L63.   The Ipad 2 has a Cirrus Logic CS42L63 , where the first ipad has a CS42L61 (same has the iphone 4).

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #10 of 57

Quote:
I bet you 75% of them don't know what Android is exactly, and 20% are probably Apple fanboys that believes 'if Apple makes it, theres nothing better, and love Bose and Beats'. And 5 % are probably nerds who knows that there are better phones out there (and coming soon) but they just prefer iOS.

I guess you never let facts interfere with knee-jerk opinion.

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #11 of 57

Quote:

tongue_smile.gif

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #12 of 57

Quote:

Mad? jealous? or both? 

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #13 of 57

Quote:
Mad? jealous? or both? 

nah, I'm good with my iPhone 4. Gosh you fanboys get offended so easily.

but what I'm saying is, most iPhone customers are just consumers that just wants an iPhone without even considering Android phones.

and Apple fanboys that buys anything thats got an apple logo on it.

I've got an iPhone 4 remember?? I got an iPhone 4 cause it was the best phone out there when I got it. But if I absolutely had to buy another smartphone right now, Id get a SGS2 or wait for the Nexus prime or SGS3.

I'm not a fanboy of any company, I just get what I like the best. Apple and Samsung are my favourite companies though. When they announced the iPhone 4, it seriously 'wow'ed me but this time, not at all.

Quote:

Nope sorry not an Apple hater, Ive got an iPhone 4 and the MBP.

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #14 of 57

Quote:
Mine should be here Friday. I bought mine Sim-free because contracts are a rip off. Sell my old phone to take some of the sting out of the new one, then I only pay £15 a month for a Simplicity Sim from O2 rather than paying £35 a month or something silly on an 18 month contract. Means I can just sell the 4S next year for the 5 and still pay the same amount. Winning!

At least with ATT in the US, it looks like it's cheaper to buy the phone with a contract then pay to break the contract. 

Quote:

but what I'm saying is, most iPhone customers are just consumers that just wants an iPhone without even considering Android phones.

The new Windows phone is awesome, and should only get better. In many people's opinion, the Windows phone is the only viable alternative to an iPhone, not Android. 

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #15 of 57

Quote:

Quote:

The new Windows phone is awesome, and should only get better. In many people's opinion, the Windows phone is the only viable alternative to an iPhone, not Android. 

Really? I doubt that.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back