iPhone 4 To HS Arrow LOD?
Feb 6, 2011 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Erieg

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I have been reading until my eyes started bleeding and my head feels worse than the day after St. Patrick's. Last night I ordered a new HS Arrow which I am going to use with my iPhone 4. I have spent most of my time since then trying to figure out what LOD to order.

My main concerns are sound and fit. I read page after page filled with technical terms I really don't understand. All I have deduced is that there is a direct correlation between the number of words in the description and the price. I want to get something that adds to the sound quality and I would also like it to connect well between the two devices. Some of the cables I have looked at appear to be really rigid and I would prefer not to snap one.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to spend more $100 if possible. I found a gentlemen from Turkey on eBay making and selling LODs for $50 but I don't know enough to know where they are worth it.  I have I think gone through most major producers but is the $299 cable one is producing $280 better then the cheap Fiio? I assume so but damned if I can prove it.

I am starting this thread because I have gone through so many old threads on this site, some 3 years old, that I don't know if the info is still current or not. So please bear with me. I have two weeks or so until my amp and some IEMs from 1964ears come in and I would like to be done with this. 

You know, my poor departed mother was an engineer and I am really feeling like I should have listen to her more often.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm in the same boat as you are , Iphone 4 as source and for amp though i'm still haven't made up my mind yet  if i be getting a Meier Stepdance or HS Arrow  

about the LOD found old threads regarding this but the info is still not enough.
I want to also add to his question is there any member here does custom LOD for price / or a GReat DIY guide 

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #3 of 3
The Fiio one is made from an OCC copper interconnect sourced from Oyaide, a top Japanese brand and super expensive ordinarily, but since it's mass produced (and molded) it is cheaper and more durable than any one that is made by hand.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back