Iphone 4 alone enough for RE-262?
Dec 5, 2011 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MaxMusic

Head-Fier
Has anyone tried the RE-262 with just an iphone 4? I'm looking to replace my RE-ZEROs with the 262s, but my research has given me mixed results as to if the iphone 4 can adequately power them (most reviews feature an ipod classic which i believe has a smaller battery). These will be strictly for portable use, so I don't intend on using an amp- ever. 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated :)

-Max

Dec 5, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 3
I personally do not have the RE-262, but from what I've read, the iPhone 4's amp measures relatively well for a mobile phone and should probably be able to power any IEM with ease.  (it is at least as good as many lower-end amps out there, like the cheaper Fiio ones)

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 3
This is an old thread, but I thought I'd share my input. I usually use my RE262s with my iPod and Fiio E11, but I do use them straight out of my iPhone 4 when I don't feel like hauling my amp around. It doesn't sound quite as good, but it's not bad by any means. They scale well with an amp, but they still perform very well unamped. The soundstage is a little smaller, and the bass isn't as impactful, but the sound is still very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back