iPhone 3G OS 3.0 sound quality improvement
Jun 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #61 of 83
I'll have to directly compare my 3gs against my wife's 3g. Just listening to the 3gs, I think it sounds great with the ue10. Zero hiss and everything seems balanced and full. They pair much better with the iphones than the original ipod touch. They had hiss and wasn't the best sounding. Seems like they pair better with 3gs than I remember any of the old ipods too.

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #65 of 83
I was just comparing two iphone 3G models side by side(same bit rate, same songs), one with 2.2 OS and other with 3.0. I find 2.2 was little bit more on warmth airy side with less details, bass n voices was more prominent than other instrument details. The new 3.0 OS on iphone 3G was showing more details, better instrument separation with relax crisp warm airy sound.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #66 of 83
I had my itouch 2nd gen stolen so i got the 3gs. There is deff a difference. The sound is much clearer, and i would say colorful as well. bass is tighter i think. also, the dynamic range is higher, at least on my headphones (maybe more power)
Just my 2 cents

Listening on beyerdynamic dt770 pro

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #67 of 83
well after 2 days of solid listening - somethings definately improved

its almost as if they have reduced distortion some-how - I always thought that - even lossless files - sounded a bit clipped - especially upper and lower ranges.

now it just sounds more hifi to me - the trebles aren't harsh like before (although its still fairly bright- just not harsh bright) and the bass sounds more punchy

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #70 of 83
well I thought that the more I listened the more I'd unconvince myself that there was a change in SQ - but I'm still convinced ... even more so in fact

is there any even feasible way the SQ could have been tweaked ? its almost as if its driving my PX100s better than before - like there has been a tweak to the power of the headphone out ?

do the IPOD Touch and IPhone share the same core software code ? no chance the old OS revision was optimised for the 3G IPhone (with the Wolfson DAC etc) and with the release of the new 3GS IPhone (using in theory the Cirrus Logic DAC - same as the Touch 2G) - they've tweaked it to make the 3GS sound good ... and in the process made the 2G Touch sound better too ?

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #71 of 83
so.... OS 3.1 is coming up in a short while.
Now somehow I'm very curious how that one will sound :p

I hope Apple has been paying a bit attention to this issue and maybe changes anything...

RGDs

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #72 of 83
Admit it!
Y'all are drinkin the PLACEBO JUICE
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #75 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is this related to SQ change?
smily_headphones1.gif

There's obviously been some mucking around going on in the audio drivers!
confused_face(1).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back