iPhone 3G IEM headsets...
Dec 9, 2008 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jws919

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

Since everyone was so helpful to me last time I asked for help, I'm back for more.

I currently have an iPhone 3g and loathe the included headset. I've been using it with my pair of sleek SA6 and love the sound quality, but when someone calls I'm annoyed! So, I'm looking for IEM headsets -- something with an in-line mic.

The ones that came up in my brief search of the forums were the UE super.fi 4vi and the Zagg Z.Buds. Can anyone give me other suggestions or compare these two? is the UE super.fi 5vi worth looking at?

Also, I know shure makes an iPhone attachment. This seems kind of annoying to me, if I understand it. Plugging 2 things in just seems rather annoying, though it has the added benefit of keeping the undoubtedly better sa6 sound quality.

Thanks in advance to all who weigh in/point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
Jeff

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 10
i just ordered my NU-force NE-7 for iphone @ amazon

with mic of course...

Dec 9, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #4 of 10
I am going to order the NuForce NE-7 for my girlfriend soon based on a recommendation by HeadphoneAddict. For $49 they seem like a good deal.

Dec 9, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #5 of 10
I wrote Sleek a while back about this and they said that a cable with mic is in the works. So if you're a bit patient, you could just buy the cable for your SA6s when it comes out.

The NuForce that were mentioned before are supposed to be quite nice for the money and you could also check out Shures' lineup. They have several models from about $100 to the high end SE530s with the mic attachment.

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #6 of 10
Another vote for the NuForce. When I am in circumstances where I am not using an amp, they have worked quite well. Nicely made. Very musical. The reviews on them here are worth reading. Not a fan of the add-on mic cable. Shure's is okay, but the ergonomics are all wrong. Nothing of course prevents you from taking the call through your IEM and simply speaking directly into the iPhone. I find myself doing that often when using my Westone 3s

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #7 of 10
I'm very pleased with the Etymotics HF2

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr13zehn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wrote Sleek a while back about this and they said that a cable with mic is in the works. So if you're a bit patient, you could just buy the cable for your SA6s when it comes out.

The NuForce that were mentioned before are supposed to be quite nice for the money and you could also check out Shures' lineup. They have several models from about $100 to the high end SE530s with the mic attachment.

Any word on when the sleek attachment will be out?

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #9 of 10
I've been using the ZAGG Z.Buds for the last couple days and like them quite a bit. The sound quality is up there in the $100-$175 range, the cable doesn't tangle easily, there's volume control, and of course there's iPhone support and a microphone.

I'd say the sound is like a less sparkly Klipsch Image X10 with a bit more bass. Mids are also a bit more forward (Instruments sound awesome, most specifically guitar) than the X10.

I'm sure the NE-7M is fine as well, but I do know it'll have less bass than the Z.Buds, better treble, and no volume control.

ZAGG Z.Buds go for $65. ZAGG | Z.buds | Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones
Nuforce NE-7M go for $50. Amazon.com: NuForce NE-7M Stereo Earphones / Headset (iPhone Compatible): Electronics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back