iPhone 3g compatible earphones with microphone?
Mar 22, 2009 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

JackTheRipper

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!
I'm basically looking for an upgrade to the terrible Apple earbuds with microphone that comes with it...
The only thing is I have come to LOVE the microphone and it's useful button (pause, next song, previous song, answering calls, hanging up...)
So I am looking for a good set of Earphones ( I like the open type) or IEM's if I don't have a choice that have all those functionality without having the microphone too far away from my mouth...
If it would be possible a full Headphone with a microphone would be amazing?
Thank You,
Fred.

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #4 of 17
oh and you got the vmoda vibe duo too lol
yes i have them but only because i got them with $100 rebate apple gave to iphone customers a year ago..
but i must say they are really comfortable and they have great sound isolation with just the silicon tips.

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #5 of 17
There are plenty of offering for iphone\blackberry compatible earphones...

- Etymotic HF2
- UE has a few
- Phonak Audeo

And there are also adaptor cables which is basically just a cable extender w/ mic and push button, so you can use your own earphone with it.

(Jays, Shure, Monster cable, belkin, griffin, etc)

Mar 22, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #6 of 17
Try search. There has been quite a number of threads asking this exact same question lately

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #9 of 17
Or HF2

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #10 of 17
nuforce!

May 24, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #11 of 17
Of all the IEMs with mic for the iPhone, which ones have good mic placements when you wear them with the cord looped over the ear? I've read that doing this places the mic too high on some models...

May 24, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #12 of 17
With the HF2 the mic ends up almost behind the ear so they can only be worn straight down. However to me this is no problem as there is hardly any microphonics to the cable as opposed to the ER4 cable which has be worn over the ear to be listneable.

May 31, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ac!d-rxn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use NuForce NE-7m and love it.
Buttons on the mic are a bit unreliable however...
I sent you a PM as well...

Do you use the stock tips or something else?

May 31, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #15 of 17
if i were to use LOD to an amp then to my shures with Mobile Phone Adapter, will i still be able to use the mic functions (eg hanging up,next song, pause song) and will i still be able to answer calls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back