iPad Pre Order
Mar 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

ChicagoNB

500+ Head-Fier
Who pre ordered an iPad today and what did you get. The WiFi or 3g.

Mar 13, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 39
I'm waiting for the infamous price drop. The 3G plan doesn't look that bad. Still need some hands on and more details....

Mar 13, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by travisg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pre ordered mine today 16gb wifi. Going to use it as my home theater controller.

That should be sweet! I would like some pics and a video please!
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #5 of 39
Shame Apple do not take pre-orders outside the US!
frown.gif

The iPhone history repeats itself it seems, with first restricting sales to the US then months and months later finally opening up for sales in other countries...

Mar 13, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #6 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shame Apple do not take pre-orders outside the US!
frown.gif

The iPhone history repeats itself it seems, with first restricting sales to the US then months and months later finally opening up for sales in other countries...

dont forget the rippoff prices they charge when hitting countries outside US.when the ipod touch 32gb landed in my country,its price was and still $600.not to mention iphone 3gs:$850+data plan on vodafone!! people in the US should be thankful for what they have.

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 39
Yes, we pay 50% premium here, but I doubt it has anything to do with Apple wanting to charge those prices since both China and Hong Kong are cheaper. Then, Japan is way cheaper too. Korean politics just hate anything not Korean and will surcharge everything.

It ain't always Apple's fault.

I'll probably skip this version simply because of financial reasons, and I'd like to get a plan, but it ins't worth it in this country who'll offer like 50MB per month and charge 50$ for it.

Mar 13, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #8 of 39
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This product is ridiculous and pointless. Buy an iTouch and a netbook with ION. It's cheaper and does 10x more.

Mar 13, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, we pay 50% premium here, but I doubt it has anything to do with Apple wanting to charge those prices since both China and Hong Kong are cheaper. Then, Japan is way cheaper too. Korean politics just hate anything not Korean and will surcharge everything.

It ain't always Apple's fault.

I'll probably skip this version simply because of financial reasons, and I'd like to get a plan, but it ins't worth it in this country who'll offer like 50MB per month and charge 50$ for it.

Yes. This is unfortunate when a country wants to limit goods shipped by other countries. They just hike up the taxes and if that country wants to sell its goods, then up goes the end user price. And you know, Steve Jobs is not taking a pay cut to lower prices over seas. Hell, when Best Buy runs a sale for an ipod in the US it's like 5 dollars off.

Mar 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pannel-no-spam.gif

This product is ridiculous and pointless. Buy an iTouch and a netbook with ION. It's cheaper and does 10x more.
pannel-no-spam.gif

I was thinking of getting 1 for the wife, but it's a bit on the large side for her (she's 5ft tall). Besides, I'm actually gonna take iLounge's advice and wait to see how this goes, and if the Gen2 is better.

Mar 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #14 of 39
Is anyone planning on using the iPad as their sole portable music device? Seems kind of big to lug around.

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone planning on using the iPad as their sole portable music device? Seems kind of big to lug around.

Seems same kind of big for a portable audio player as my 20"/ 17lbs laptop for portable use. Try carrying it one day and you will definitely decide it is much too big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back