iPad line out hissing?
May 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Yuceka

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got down to try my iPad with my portable amp and i hear this unbearable hissing sound coming out of the gear. I tried the same configuration with my iPhone 3GS and no hiss at all. Is this a common problem among iPad users ? Mind you that this is the 1st generation iPad. Has anyone else run into this problem ?

May 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 6
What portable amp, what headphones?

And have you tried to do a hard reset ( home button and sleep button until the apple logo comes up).

May 27, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 6
Amp is Jds labs c421 and the headphones are AT m50 and 1964 ears quads. I'll try resetting now

May 27, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #4 of 6
I did reset it and it still hisses

May 27, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 6
Might take a couple of resets.

using an LOD?

gain turned down on the amp?

Hissing also with the headphones straight into the ipad/no amp?

whats the volume of the ipad before you plug in the LOD to the ipad.(try it low and high).

May 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 6
I use a low profile silver/copper LOD and there's no hiss from the headphone jack. Only from the line out. I tried the same set up with my iPhone's line out and no hiss there either. So nothing wrong with the LOD, the amp nor the headphones but withtp the iPad. I read on apple discussion pages the some people ran into this same problem but I was wondering if people in the head fi community had encountered the same thing with their iPads or is it just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back