iPad Line Out Dock Cable
Apr 17, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken:

The following news has surfaced today and I wonder how is this differ from the LOD. It seems the LOD route will only bypassing the internal amp section of the Ipad where as an USB out will give a digital out of the ipad. In other words, with the USB adaptor, it can literally output a digital feed into any USB DAC like PICO, Predator, D4 Mamba and/or one of your secret project:wink: Is this the same goal as the GR9? I am also curious if this adaptor will work on any iphone/itouch/ipod? If so, the whole world of Apple DAP will change. All I can say is Wow, hold on. The camera kit is coming in a week or two and will know. I have an ipad and I can find out real fast.

"Create Digital Music reports that the iPad may be able to support the use of USB audio interfaces via the Camera Connection Kit offered as an accessory by Apple and set to begin shipping later this month. Such a move would make the iPad much more appealing to music professionals looking for a portable device to interface with their equipment.

According to second-hand sources and a post to a public mailing list, the upcoming Apple iPad accessory adapter for cameras, the iPad Camera Connection Kit, will support audio interfaces that are compatible with the USB Audio Class. I don't have official confirmation from Apple, and the adapter itself appears not to be shipping until later this month, so file this as "likely, but unconfirmed." But it's one to watch, and comes as a surprise to me. (Generally, camera accessory kits aren't a way of providing audio expansion.)"

Sounds good to me, I just wish the iPad had a 240GB HDD. This is really no different than a USB out (or optical) on my MacBook really.

GR9, whats that?

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 22, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #17 of 20
Just curious, is the iPad capable of playing 24/96? I cannot seem to play them from my iPod Classic (don't know if there is a way). Looking forward to getting the iPad 3G version, in about a month.

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #18 of 20
May 17, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #19 of 20
Well, surely ALO are working on something cute for digital output/amping. The Rx is amazing - pack that badboy with some sort of battery powered DAC (optical and USB) and hello! Disclaimer: I have no idea what ALO or GR9 are working on, but I can speculate.

May 18, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #20 of 20

Quote:
Well, surely ALO are working on something cute for digital output/amping. The Rx is amazing - pack that badboy with some sort of battery powered DAC (optical and USB) and hello! Disclaimer: I have no idea what ALO or GR9 are working on, but I can speculate.

Mhhhehwahhhaaaa!!!!!

evil_smiley.gif

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back