iPad Line Out Dock Cable
Apr 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20
Well in case you were wondering, it does work.

ipad-photo.jpg

ipad-photo2.jpg

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 20
Sweet!
Not that the iPad is all that portable, but great for more stationary listening.

Apr 4, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am hopeful for a interactive remote music server. .

Ken

That was my hope. but with such a limited space in the solid-state memory, I wonder how effective-usable it will be.

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was my hope. but with such a limited space in the solid-state memory, I wonder how effective-usable it will be.

I see the iPad as a possible front end controller to a base station that has HDDs. The ipad is just an interface and it could operate wirelessly. The iPad could even go on line and fetch the artists information, photos, discography etc..

Thats my wish anyways.

For the moment my 5 year old daughter has totally hijacked my iPad!
confused_face(1).gif

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 4, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see the iPad as a possible front end controller to a base station that has HDDs. The ipad is just an interface and it could operate wirelessly. The iPad could even go on line and fetch the artists information, photos, discography etc..

Thats my wish anyways.Ken

Ditto for me man. I think we'll probably see that functionality soon enough. Once it hits, my interest in an iPad will officially be piqued. I certainly can't think of any other reason why I would want to own one.

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heres a link on how to stream all of your itunes media to an iPhone or iPad via the web for Mac users. An app would make this a lot easier IMHO.

makeuseof.com by Mobify

I use simplify2 and it works without problem on my PC.

I also use the ipad as a controller using a pc and an airport express. The Remote software controls iTunes which sends a signal to the express. Also, when I want to hear Rhapsody or another music app, I can use Airfoil to send any sound from my pc to my Express. I can control it with the iPad using logmein (which looks fantastic on the iPad). I should mention that airfoil can also send the signal to the iPad directly, but without multitasking there is no way to control the pc at the same time from the iPad.... Hopefully, a jailbreak will fix this issue.

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by uofmtiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use simplify2 and it works without problem on my PC.

I also use the ipad as a controller using a pc and an airport express. The Remote software controls iTunes which sends a signal to the express. Also, when I want to hear Rhapsody or another music app, I can use Airfoil to send any sound from my pc to my Express. I can control it with the iPad using logmein (which looks fantastic on the iPad). I should mention that airfoil can also send the signal to the iPad directly, but without multitasking there is no way to control the pc at the same time from the iPad.... Hopefully, a jailbreak will fix this issue.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check out logmein. Don't wory multi tasking is on it's way with iPhone 4.0. I know its just a rumor but I'm betting on it now that the iPad is out.

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #14 of 20
So how does it sound? How does the iPad's line out sound?

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #15 of 20
Ken:

The following news has surfaced today and I wonder how is this differ from the LOD. It seems the LOD route will only bypassing the internal amp section of the Ipad where as an USB out will give a digital out of the ipad. In other words, with the USB adaptor, it can literally output a digital feed into any USB DAC like PICO, Predator, D4 Mamba and/or one of your secret project:wink: Is this the same goal as the GR9? I am also curious if this adaptor will work on any iphone/itouch/ipod? If so, the whole world of Apple DAP will change. All I can say is Wow, hold on. The camera kit is coming in a week or two and will know. I have an ipad and I can find out real fast.

"Create Digital Music reports that the iPad may be able to support the use of USB audio interfaces via the Camera Connection Kit offered as an accessory by Apple and set to begin shipping later this month. Such a move would make the iPad much more appealing to music professionals looking for a portable device to interface with their equipment.

According to second-hand sources and a post to a public mailing list, the upcoming Apple iPad accessory adapter for cameras, the iPad Camera Connection Kit, will support audio interfaces that are compatible with the USB Audio Class. I don't have official confirmation from Apple, and the adapter itself appears not to be shipping until later this month, so file this as "likely, but unconfirmed." But it's one to watch, and comes as a surprise to me. (Generally, camera accessory kits aren't a way of providing audio expansion.)"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back